Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Elevation issue at UK2000 EGLL

Since way back I've been having what seems to be some kind of elevation issue at UK2000 EGLL where loading a flight into this airport causes the aircraft to "hang in the air" a couple of feet above the ground just when the flight finishes loading resulting in the aircraft "dropping" down on the ground a split second later causing the flight to crash unless you have crash detection in P3D disabled.

I've seen this already when using P3Dv2 and I now see the same issue in P3Dv4. At first it seemed to be related to Orbx FTX Vector because back when using P3Dv2 I found this solution over in the Orbx forums which fixed the problem at first.

"For those having elevation issues with Vector 1.15 and on and if the airport you're having issues with isn't in the list for manually dissabling it; Go to your FSX folder and then to the ORBX folder and then to the VECTOR folder; go to the folder VECTOR_APT and open the "scenery" folder, you will see a list of all airports in FSX, go to the airport wich you want to change and copy that file ( for example; ABP_LSZH.bgl ), then go to the folder VECTOR_AEC and open the "scenery" folder and paste the ABP_ file there, now change the name from ABP_ into AEC_ and close everything.

Go to your FTX config tool and open AEC tool, now your airport will be in the list where you can manually disable it and it works."

However it then stopped working again for unknown reasons even when I manually had AEC disabled for EGLL using the method described above. Since then I'm facing this issue.

I've asked Gary over at UK2000 about this in the past but he never was able to replicate the problem and seemed pretty convinced it's caused by Orbx FTX Vector (and I have to agree) and asking the same question over at Orbx never resulted in anything more than the "fix" above that does no address the problem.

Since this issue seems to be caused by the UK2000 EGLL and Orbx FTX Vector combo I like to think lots of more people would see the same thing. Hence my question in here to broaden the audience a bit hoping for some valuable input where someone might have found a permanent way to fix this.

Richard Åsberg

I've tried different locations but doesn't matter if I load up a flight from one of the gates or even the runway.

Another thing I've noticed is if I load a second flight just after this has happened where I only pick another gate for example but still at EGLL I won't see the issue.

I've also tried moving from EGLL to EGBB for example and then back to EGLL. Doing that, again I won't see the issue.

If I however move further away from EGLL such as to ESSA for example and then back to EGLL the issue is back again with the aircraft dropping to the ground.

This is what it looks like

Richard Åsberg

Thanks for the clarification Richard.

Can confirm seeing something similar when i loaded UK2000 EGLL however was not able to capture any of it via screenshot or video. Tried to replicate the issue however it normalized as you stated,

Are you by any chance running EZDOK?

Will revert later, kind regards

And thank you for confirming I'm not the only one seeing this behavior.

When you're speaking about reverting, what are you reverting between - UK2000 and Aerosoft EGLL?

Richard Åsberg

Sorry@reverting - I meant, get back to you. I only have UK2000 EGLL.

My experience lasted almost a full minute. Selected aircraft was above ground and because I had crash detect enabled, it landed, taxied through the terminal, went airborne, did a couple of spins/flips/ landed again and continued rolling on the surface until reset the scenario. Tried to capture the event but by the time I got ready everything had normalised.

Just reran the same scenario i used yesterday, selected EGLL from airport menu, Gate 117, selected the Q400 and suprisingly all loaded ok. Was ready to capture screenshots but, another time maybe :-(.

Ah, got it :smile:

Flew online into EGLL tonight and was happy to not receive any bad surprises so this clearly only affects you when you go to EGLL via the menu and only the first time.

Really odd issue and why it only happens at EGLL. I also find it odd you don't see more people reporting the same issue.

Richard Åsberg

3 hours ago, WebMaximus said:

Ah, got it :smile:

Flew online into EGLL tonight and was happy to not receive any bad surprises so this clearly only affects you when you go to EGLL via the menu and only the first time.

Really odd issue and why it only happens at EGLL. I also find it odd you don't see more people reporting the same issue.

Yeah could be a common addon that we have or AV. I'm going to try and isolate it over the next few days.

Will post any developments, if any.

Kind regards

2 hours ago, 777200lrf said:

try removing your default flight and let it create another

Tried that thanks however seems to be behaving apart from the issue reported earlier. Now it is loading normally all the time.

You should try starting up at EireSim's Belfast City Ultimate. You can almost see the top of the terminal building as you fall!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

24 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

You should try starting up at EireSim's Belfast City Ultimate. You can almost see the top of the terminal building as you fall!

:laugh:

Well, guess I should consider myself lucky then not having that airport scenery installed.

Richard Åsberg