Sign in to follow this  
flyerboy

Real world pax: What maddens you ?

Guest Stephan

>Has anyone ever looked at the passengers during take-off? I>swear about 90% look like they have been injected with>elephant tranquilizers because they are either falling asleep>or reading something (10 seconds into the flight!). Yes, and the same people take out the papers again for landing. But don't underestimate the number of frightened pax who need any means of distraction or use valium/alcohol.Re. blinds: noone ever complained when I left the blinds open, (when I have control over the blinds that is). The reading lights are much more annoying and I never heard complaints about those either (the experienced longhaul flyer wears sleep shades anyway :-coolgreetzStephan

>>>Though, I'd have to say, my absolute pet peeve is idiots playing with the tray table behind me when I'm trying to get some sleep.Haha, thats enough to make you reach back with the in-flight magazine that is in the back of every seat, and just hit them with it.When ever i do fly, its with family. So i always have the say so over the window. I did fly on a COA MD80 IAH-ABQ for a family vacation that included my parents, brother and his wife, and me. And my brother hates flying and is scared to death of aviation. (i know he doesnt get that from me) And while on approach, i suppose we were told to make a sharp left becuase that plane was steeper than 25 degrees. And when my bro had the window seat, on the left side of the plane, during a left hand turn, lmao! his eyes got huge! He looked out the window and say nothing but ground! :-lol He quickly grabbed the overhead clinging for dear life with fear of falling out. So im not speaking for me but others, when you fly with and idiot like him on board, get a few bloody mary's or something. Try to get wasted so you can sleep and not listen to the heavy breathing or impulsive actions of an idiot scared of flying, but insists on the window. :-lolAhhhh.. crying babys must be one.. :)

i think he is. If your on board a Sentry with no window, and u keep doing touch an go's, youd get tired pretty easily beilieve it or not.

not like one window lights up a plane..I was asked to close my window one night on a LAX-YSSY.... I got my way and no one woke up.. It was a pretty sun rise... :)

Guest panda234

I have been a perpetrator too. Coming back from my grandparents' 50th wedding anniversary (which was really a 4 day long non-stop party--I have some pretty wild cousins) I was asleep in the window seat. The flight attendant at one point got so concerned with my lack of movement that she leaned over and held her fingers against my wrist to check my pulse, or so the person sitting beside my later said. So I guess I was hogging the view on that flight...billg

I worked for TWA for over 25 years as Service Manager/Flight attendant, I have gobs and gobs of stories to tell. I picked the shortest.A passenger sitting by the window, beckoned me and said:"Excuse me,are we flying at 33000 or 35000 feet?". I wanted to humor him, so I reached over and looked out of the window, and said:"Oh, That's 33000 feet". I expected a smile or a laugh. But the man said:"Thank you." very seriously. I did not want to disappoint him, so I said nothing.Abe

Guest Erick_Cantu

Lack of decent aircraft to fly on

Guest kuma

What would you have done if he freaked out and said, "I NEVER fly at 33,000 feet! Lemme off this plane!"

Yesterday i came home on a 737-800, and sat next to n lady who was asleep for most of the flight, who had the window. #### and here i was sitting in the middle }( Also letting gas off is not very pleasent. OH, and the idiot kids behind you kicking your seat and screaming whilst their parents are not doing anything.

Crying baby on TWA JFK to Cairo overnight flight next to me.Not being able to fully stand up in an ERJ 135. I can't stand the incredibly low overhead baggage compartments either (includes the 717).Coach class seat spacing on BA 777 is absolutely awful. I could barely standup. It would have been easier to walk on the seats. I got lucky coming back one time and they upgraded me to business class.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Guest Daviator

Luggage screeners who would rather call 5 guys over to look at the x-ray of your bag for 10 minutes instead of OPENING THE FRICKIN' BAG AND LOOKING INSIDE! Then being gate-raped for suggesting it. Tourons (Moron Tourists) carrying everything AND the kitchen sink on board and can't read the seat numbers. Arrogant business people. The ones who take off their coat, ruffle through their brief cases while standing in the isle with a dozen other behind him/her.######y flight attendants. Be polite ot me and I'll be polite to you. Don't be mad at me because the last guy pinched your rear end, called you "Honey" or Sweetheart" or the airlines are screwing with your pay. Get over it. You're nothing but an Air Waitress anyway.Flight attendants that hit your seat with the carts.Gate agents and flight crews that lie to you. "We'll folks it likes we're going to be about 5 minutes late..." Yeah, right.Being called "Folks". It sounds so condescending.That stupid kid kicking the back of my seat. That kid that whines and cries while the parents completely ignore him/her. Dirty airplanes. I.e Crumbs and old Kleenex's in the seat pocket. Crappy "Bottom 40" music. Where do they get this "music"?Don't push back, then decide that "because of weather" you need to go back to the gate for more fuel. We know you just wanted an "on time departure" on your record. Airlines that schedule a dozen flights with thew same departure time. Ever try to get out of MSP around 5PM? NWA planes as far as the eye can see. I'm sure other airports are worse. Davewww.daviator.com

As soon as the plane stops at the gate, everyone, yes EVERYONE gets up even before the seatbelt sign is off and rushes towards the front exit. Idiots have to wait for the air jetty to come, then have to stand at the carosel for about 20 minutes anyway for their bags to arrive.

Guest Dasher7

Good one! :)Dasher7