Sign in to follow this  
mikealpha

How to get ANY support ?

Does anybody have an idea how to get any support or an Email adress which might get an answer ? I tried their contact form on the Website, no answer.

Several problems in 7.4.1

1. Both RunwayNumberUpdate and Procedure Pronunciation Editor crash with 'Windows has stopped working'. Windows 10, .NET latest version 4.71, both running as administrator.

2. I have created two flightplans in PFPX, one is working, the other leads to 'Fatal error, disable VOXATC' error in P3Dv4 (during of after initialization).  Both short routes for testing (Frankfurt to Munich works, Stuttgart to Salzburg doesn't). I don't have the slightest idea why. Same AIRAC is installed and LevelDSim folder is specified.

Mike

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

Just an update to problem 2. Has nothing to do with the flightplan, happens already if I enable Voxatc at EDDS without flightplan. Just at EDDS, not at other airports so far. If the developer should read here, the error log ...

18:02:53.2490313 BGLFILE 79126.vidx
18:02:53.2725972 BGLFILE 81096.vidx
Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
   at System.Collections.ArrayList.ArrayListEnumeratorSimple.MoveNext()
   at com.intworkings.bglafd.WorldGridCell.ReviseAirports(ArrayList airportsForRevision, BGLAFDAirport baaIn)
   at com.intworkings.bglafd.WorldGridCell.ReviseAirportComponents()
   at com.intworkings.bglafd.WorldGridCell.GetAirports()
   at com.intworkings.bglafd.BGLFile.GetAirports(Double lat, Double lon, Int32 index)
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.Chart.AddAirports(Position posIn)
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.Chart.LoadBGLImpl(Position posIn)
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.ChartGrid.SetUserPosition(Position posIn, Int32 width)
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.Chart.LoadAerodromeArea(String strID)
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.Chart.GetNearestAirport(Position posIn)
   at VoxATCServer.VoxATCServer.SetupLocalFlightPlan()
   at VoxATCServer.VoxATCServer.InitVoxAtc()
21323016 Ins Text set : FATAL ERROR! disable VoxATC

Other steps :

- Uninstalled EDDS Aerosoft Professional, same problem. Other Addons in this area : Orbx Germany South, but problem doesn't happen at EDDM or EDDF, also inside Germany South.

- Uninstalled Voxatc, removed contents of ../App-Data/Roaming/Internal Workings/Voxatc. Installed Voxatc again, re-indexed.

Does not help

Good luck getting support from tegwyn the developer, sent him a few emails this year never bothered to reply.

3 hours ago, mikealpha said:

Other steps :

- Uninstalled EDDS Aerosoft Professional, same problem. Other Addons in this area : Orbx Germany South, but problem doesn't happen at EDDM or EDDF, also inside Germany South.

- Uninstalled Voxatc, removed contents of ../App-Data/Roaming/Internal Workings/Voxatc. Installed Voxatc again, re-indexed.

Does not help

Check for other 3rd party versions of EDDS that might be installed, like for example, My Traffic 6 which installs a version of EDDS. Rather than setting up VOXATC flight without a flight plan, I would use a very simple IFR flightplan. VOXATC will definitely generate errors without a flight plan, although in this case, it was a sensible debugging approach on your part. 

10 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Check for other 3rd party versions of EDDS that might be installed, like for example, My Traffic 6 which installs a version of EDDS. Rather than setting up VOXATC flight without a flight plan, I would use a very simple IFR flightplan. VOXATC will definitely generate errors without a flight plan, although in this case, it was a sensible debugging approach on your part. 

VOXATC seems to initialize fine even without flightplan, comes up with instruction to tune for ATIS. At least on all other airports except EDDS so far. You are right of course, I should look for any other EDDS stuff. In the meantime, I also uninstalled ORBX Germany South completely. I don't have MT6, just UT Live. Should be down to the default scenery in that area now.

All to no avail. I'm lost with that problem.

Anyway, thanks for your suggestions !

Mike

I'll check the stock EDDS when I get some free time, although I remember looking at it with ADE before and it was unremarkable. Invariably, other than airport faults, the other issue is often elevation data, as VOXATC uses that to prevent its ATC from directing the user into the terrain. That feature can be turned off for debugging purposes.

One other thing that you can try is to fly with a stock aircraft.

Mike,

I ran  a few IFR flights from EDDS with either the stock or the My T 6 airport without issue. The only other thing that I can suggest is to look for any other EDDS related BGL files, like for example altitude correction files located in ../scenery/world/scenery.

Else, turn on debug logging in the VOXATC advanced settings. Zip up all the log files and upload the zip file to the cloud (like for example with Dropbox or Google Drive). Use the contact page on the official VOXATC website to send a link to the uploaded files.

Sorry that I can't be of more help.

Jay

I've had a few issues myself and looked for support - nothing.  I like to support this community but some of these devs are making it hard lately.  Vox is an excellent ATC that just needs a little TLC to be even better.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

Despite the lack of personal responses from the developer, real bugs in VOXATC are corrected rather expeditiously by the developer, in my experience. 3rd party scenery conflicts cause most of the glitches in VOXATC, whether they are user-induced or an actual bug in the app. You have to also consider that this version  (7) is the first written in 64 bit code, so the transition itself introduced some issues.

I think that this has been covered before but the "one man show" that is VOXATC is in the same boat as LM. If one skims through the LM official forum, most of the support responses consist of, "Did the error still occur with all 3rd party add-ons disabled?" I guess that having a response like that makes a user feel better, but in practice it's no more helpful than no response at all. But it does underscore the problem associated with an open architecture flight sim. It's a big sandbox and all the kids have to play nice.

22 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I ran  a few IFR flights from EDDS with either the stock or the My T 6 airport without issue. The only other thing that I can suggest is to look for any other EDDS related BGL files, like for example altitude correction files located in ../scenery/world/scenery.

Else, turn on debug logging in the VOXATC advanced settings. Zip up all the log files and upload the zip file to the cloud (like for example with Dropbox or Google Drive). Use the contact page on the official VOXATC website to send a link to the uploaded files.

Thanks as always for your suggestions, Jay. No EDDS related stuff found after uninstalling FTX South Germany and Aerosoft EDDS. It's a relatively new PC with also P3Dv4.1 recently installed. Besides a few Aircraft Addons and AS just FTX Global, FTX Germany North/South and a few dozen Airport Addons installed.

No Vector or Mesh Addon, so no UTX or ORBX Vector.  With all care, I SHOULD be down to the default EDDS, although you never know 100%.

I described the error situation via the Contact Page a few days ago with no response. Yesterday I have send the error.log to RC SImulations asking them to forward it. Let's see how it turns out.

Thanks again !

Mike

We all expect the hare but Tegwyn West is the tortoise. Slow and steady wins the race. If it was so easy to make an ATC add-on with all the features of VOXATC than someone else would have already done it.

In my opinion no other ATC addon even come close to VoxATC in terms of features, (although Pilot2ATC is slowly getting there). Tegwyn could be a little better on the support though I imagine most of us agree on.

On the ATC side of things, P2ATC is the equal of VOXATC. Considering that P2ATC also works with XP11 (which has a comedy routine for its default ATC), that is saying a lot.

On the AI side of things, P2ATC can't compete. But the lack of an AI traffic component also makes P2ATC more reliable overall than VOXATC. By not having to control AI aircraft, P2ATC is less prone to falling prey to 3rd party scenery inconsistencies.

VOXATC is the best combination of features for me right now including the control of AI.  I thought it was great that I actually got a quick answer from the developer when I asked a question when I first started using it.  Little did I know that he would be totally unresponsive after that initial response.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

No doubt Voxatc is great, just a bit depressing not having it available at my home airport.

To make the whole thing even more weird, I just tested it on my Laptop and there Voxatc initializes correctly at EDDS. Now, I use that Laptop mainly for testing Addons before I install them on my main FS-PC. It has A LOT more Addons currently installed than the PC where the error occurs. Including FTX South Germany and Aerosoft EDDS. There is nothing installed on the PC that the Laptop doesn`t have as well. 

Well, who knows, maybe that PC is too fast :-).

Does RunwayNumberUpdate and Procedure Pronunciation Editor work for you ? As mentioned, the first one crashes approx. 20 seconds into it, the second crashes right away ("Windows stopped working", nothing else)

If so, which Operating System and .NET version ?

Mike