Sign in to follow this  
mikealpha

How to get ANY support ?

for what it's worth, from the Windows Event Logs  ...

Application: ProcedurePronunciationEditor.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.BadImageFormatException at com.intworkings.voxatc.VASound.GetNrOutDevs() at com.intworkings.voxatc.SystemVoice.Init() at ProcedurePronunciationEditor.Window1.InitVoxAtc() at ProcedurePronunciationEditor.Window1.Window_Loaded(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs) at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs) at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, Boolean) at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs) at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs) at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastEvent(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.RoutedEvent) at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastLoadedEvent(System.Object) at MS.Internal.LoadedOrUnloadedOperation.DoWork() at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireLoadedPendingCallbacks() at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireInvokeOnRenderCallbacks() at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandlerCore(System.Object) at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandler(System.Object) at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.Resize(System.Windows.Media.ICompositionTarget) at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.OnResize() at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(MS.Internal.Interop.WindowMessage, IntPtr, IntPtr) at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef) at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef) at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate) at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32) at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

Bad image format most often implies that a 64 bit app called a 32 bit DLL. That can happen if the 64 bit version of the library is missing. 

Just managed a test flight from Dusseldorf to Salzburg, not funny at all.

1. Taxi instructions. From my Position it should have been Tango - Mike - Lima One to holding point 23L. I got Tango - Mike, Mike and Mike to Lima One. Three times Mike ???

Listening to AI instructions, they got T - L5, L4, L3 to L1.  Lx are all runway entrances...

2. After takeoff I got handoff to Langen Approach, then Langen Center, then Frankfurt One Center. It should have been Langen Radar, not Langen Center, never mind. But handoff after takeoff to Langen Approach is complete rubbish.  And Frankfurt One Center ? That's phantasy.

Finally I got handoff to Salzburg Tower, confirmed with Roger. But then that was it, no landing clearance.

Oh well...

Mike

19 minutes ago, mikealpha said:

Just managed a test flight from Dusseldorf to Salzburg, not funny at all.

1. Taxi instructions. From my Position it should have been Tango - Mike - Lima One to holding point 23L. I got Tango - Mike, Mike and Mike to Lima One. Three times Mike ???

Listening to AI instructions, they got T - L5, L4, L3 to L1.  Lx are all runway entrances...

2. After takeoff I got handoff to Langen Approach, then Langen Center, then Frankfurt One Center. It should have been Langen Radar, not Langen Center, never mind. But handoff after takeoff to Langen Approach is complete rubbish.  And Frankfurt One Center ? That's phantasy.

Finally I got handoff to Salzburg Tower, confirmed with Roger. But then that was it, no landing clearance.

Oh well...

Mike

Mike that HAS to be a problem with your airspace/scenery data. Vox cannot make stuff up, it can only use whats on your system.  If you wish to get realistic ATC instructions then you need to invest in accurate airspace data and in many cases edit wholesale the AFD files for airport sceneries.  Developers use wierd and wonderful AFD designs to get the AI to go where they want them to.  That kind of 'plumbing system' frequently messes vox up, because its trying to give you what it thinks is correct, only the taxiways its reading may be meant only for AI. Theres no way to distinguish between the two for Vox.  Use ADE and have a look at the airport scenery.  that may be the problem - look to see what freqs are defined in the AFD file.  I'd be willing to wager there's an APPR freq and that your airport scenery is pretty near the top of your scenery index?

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, kevinfirth said:

If you wish to get realistic ATC instructions then you need to invest in accurate airspace data

how could I do that ?

Use ADE and have a look at the airport scenery.  

Ok, will check with ADE. It is Justsim Dusseldorf EDDL and FTX Germany North/South which might be involved. Both are somewhere in the middle of the scenery index.

By the way, just for testing, it is OK to deactivate both in the scenery library and then re-index ? Or do Addons need to be uninstalled and then re-indexed ?

Thanks for the heads up !

Mike

Just re-index.

11 hours ago, mikealpha said:

for what it's worth, from the Windows Event Logs  ...

Application: ProcedurePronunciationEditor.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.BadImageFormatException at com.intworkings.voxatc.VASound.GetNrOutDevs() at com.intworkings.voxatc.SystemVoice.Init() at ProcedurePronunciationEditor.Window1.InitVoxAtc() at ProcedurePronunciationEditor.Window1.Window_Loaded(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs) at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs) at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, Boolean) at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs) at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs) at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastEvent(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.RoutedEvent) at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastLoadedEvent(System.Object) at MS.Internal.LoadedOrUnloadedOperation.DoWork() at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireLoadedPendingCallbacks() at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireInvokeOnRenderCallbacks() at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandlerCore(System.Object) at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandler(System.Object) at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.Resize(System.Windows.Media.ICompositionTarget) at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.OnResize() at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(MS.Internal.Interop.WindowMessage, IntPtr, IntPtr) at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef) at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef) at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate) at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32) at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)

Or in this case a 32 bit app calling a 64 bit DLL. I believe that I read somewhere that short of extracting the 32 bit VASound.dll from the P3d V3 version of VOXATC and then moving the PP Editor files and the DLL to its own folder, there was no way of making the utility work until the release of 7.42. On the other hand, the XML file ProcedureNameConverter.xml located in the hidden folder:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Internal Workings\VoxATC P3D 4

can be edited directly to correct procedure pronunciation errors.

6 hours ago, mikealpha said:

how could I do that ?

Ok, will check with ADE. It is Justsim Dusseldorf EDDL and FTX Germany North/South which might be involved. Both are somewhere in the middle of the scenery index.

By the way, just for testing, it is OK to deactivate both in the scenery library and then re-index ? Or do Addons need to be uninstalled and then re-indexed ?

Thanks for the heads up !

Mike

accurate airspace data - Id recommes fsAerodata as its the only commercial solution available :p  It updates frequently as its derived from AIRAC data.

Then you'll also possibly require the AIRAC data itself, (vox uses levelD) to make sure they're synchronised.

If you place the scenery entries for fsAerodata at the top of the scenery index they should override any conflicting approach data contained in addon airport sceneries.

You'll still possibly have problems with taxiways and taxi instructions though, hence needing ADE.  I dont have those addons to be able to look for you sorry.

Its ok to deactivate and reindex, you dont have to uninstall :)

Cheers K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

11 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

the XML file ProcedureNameConverter.xml located in the hidden folder:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Internal Workings\VoxATC P3D 4

can be edited directly to correct procedure pronunciation errors.

Ok, great, thanks for that info !

Now, on my Laptop it was working yesterday and then as on the other PC the Windows Fall Creator update was running afterwards. After that it also doesn't work anymore on the Laptop. So I assume the Windows Update has screwed up something !

7 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

accurate airspace data - Id recommes fsAerodata as its the only commercial solution available :p  It updates frequently as its derived from AIRAC data.

Then you'll also possibly require the AIRAC data itself, (vox uses levelD) to make sure they're synchronised.

If you place the scenery entries for fsAerodata at the top of the scenery index they should override any conflicting approach data contained in addon airport sceneries.

You'll still possibly have problems with taxiways and taxi instructions though, hence needing ADE.  I dont have those addons to be able to look for you sorry.

Its ok to deactivate and reindex, you dont have to uninstall :)

Cheers K

Great info, thanks ! I was not aware about FSAerodata, sounds very valuable regarding Airspace, wll purchase it right away. That should also make the not working RunwayNumberUpdate obsolete.

Now, P3D has the scenery defined via add-on.xml on top, so I assume I have to define FSAerodata like that as well, to make sure it is always on top of everything ?

You were right regarding the APPR. Apparently the designer has taken all Langen Radar Frequencies from the airport chart and defined them as APPROACH. Sigh...

I am not really sure how to influence the taxiway route and instruction by Voaxatc. Stuff like "taxi via Mike, Mike and Mike" could be easily avoided by Voxatc. I am not a programmer, something like ..."if TaxiwayDesignator(x+1) = TaxiwayDesignator(x) then do not mention it" :D

ADE lists Taxi Designators, Taxi Links and Taxi Points, what shall I look for ?

Thanks a lot again !

Mike

Use Lorby's Add-on Manager to move the fsaerodata entries to the top of the list. 

6 hours ago, mikealpha said:

ADE lists Taxi Designators, Taxi Links and Taxi Points, what shall I look for ?

Taxi Designators - Each link is labeled and this is what you should look for. Often 3rd party airport developers either mislabel the links or the real life designations change over time. And worse, the real life geometry often changes due to construction.

Taxi Points - nodes in the taxi network where taxi and runway links intersect.

Taxi Links  - paths which aircraft taxi on. These are either labeled as blank or have an alphanumeric designation.

Taxi Signs - lighted simobject signs located at or near intersections. Just changing the designators has no effect on the signs and they must be changed manually.

58 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Taxi Designators - Each link is labeled and this is what you should look for. Often 3rd party airport developers either mislabel the links or the real life designations change over time. And worse, the real life geometry often changes due to construction.

Thanks !! That turns out into a great learning thread for me. I have put the designator list to Dropbox. Some taxiways are listed several times, but the 'M' Taxiway (that's the longest one between the runways 05R and 23L) is listed only once. That was the one leading to that strange instruction via Mike, Mike and Mike.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rhnmkq6wevj9lai/taxiway_eddl.jpg?dl=0

Mike

Yep, there are multiple versions of  a few of the designators but not for M. And the multiple ones have zero count so that shouldn't bother VOXATC. Let me look at the stock EDDL and see what taxiway M looks like.

EDIT: The stock P3d EDDL has duplicated M taxiway designators. Although that won't confuse the default ATC, it almost seems like for some reason VOXATC might be picking up information from the stock version of the airport. Also, I'm not sure why in the 3rd party version of EDDL, taxiway M would have 29 nodes. Here's a detailed airport map:

http://opennav.com/pdf/EDDL/ED_AD_2_EDDL_2-5_en_2013-04-04.pdf

9 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Yep, there are multiple versions of  a few of the designators but not for M. And the multiple ones have zero count so that shouldn't bother VOXATC. Let me look at the stock EDDL and see what taxiway M looks like.

EDIT: The stock P3d EDDL has duplicated M taxiway designators. Although that won't confuse the default ATC, it almost seems like for some reason VOXATC might be picking up information from the stock version of the airport. Also, I'm not sure why in the 3rd party version of EDDL, taxiway M would have 29 nodes. Here's a detailed airport map:

Hm, OK. Yes, taxiway M is the very long one parallel to 05R/25L. That's all a bit confusing indeed.

One more question just to understand what Voxatc is doing. There are several references in BGLs regarding Langen Radar. In Central Europe there are several of this "Radar" facilities instead of "Center". To get the frequencies correct, they need to be specified as Departure/Approach. However, Voxatc never says e.g. Langen Radar. It takes Langen Departure, Langen Center or Langen Approach. I assume this is somewhere hard coded, to take only the first part of the callsign and then to add departure/approach/center ?

Now, with Aerodata installed, it is better, but still weird occasionally. After takeoff/departure from Dusseldorf on a Southeast SID (!!), I got handoff to Brussels Center in Belgium. Different, but weird again, because that FIR is nowhere near.  From then on the rest of the flight it was Ok. Dusseldorf seems to be a difficult area :-). Should I report that to the FSAerodata guys ?

Mike

VOXATC gets these names from whatever scenery BGL files are installed plus any Navigraph AIRAC updates. It does have a facility for replacing the navaids names attached to a specific airport BGL file and that involves creating a file named <ICAO code>.xml. This process is documented in the manual and there is a sample file included. I'm not at my flight sim PC at the moment as so I can't provide any more details.

FIR/ARTCC/Center boundaries, names and frequencies are provided by a stock file bvcf.bgl which is located in .../scenery/world/scenery and are updated by fsaerodata.