Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Skymaster - SF North Bay to Fresno Air Terminal

Very cool. I can sure tell when you got into the central valley :-)

The Bay area has a very distinct texture and color ....can only be captured with photoscenery...sparse vegitation and sharp ridgelines....great shots!

HLJAMES

1 hour ago, HLJames said:

The Bay area has a very distinct texture and color ....can only be captured with photoscenery...sparse vegitation and sharp ridgelines....great shots!

HLJAMES

Having spent a lot of time in Napa growing up there and observing what happened during the fires, I realized the area needed the fires to burn thru, although the loss of homes and lives were bad.  The western part of the Napa Valley is forested by Redwoods, and from time to time the ground cover has to be cleared.  About every 20-30 years there are fires there that burn in the hillsides, burning the underbrush.  Overdevelopment in the area was causing problems with the watershed.  Many of the people affected will move to Phoenix, which tends to boom after California wildfires.  We still have the fairest housing prices in the country, owing to our tough climate.  It takes a good 5-10 years to become acclimatized to Phoenix, but once you are you become very healthy.  Teddy Roosevelt moved to the desert to improve his health.  I love the Western US.  If you ever want a good read about the west read Samuel Clemen's "Roughing It".  It is the best book I have ever read, it touches on the explorer in us simmers and flyers.