Sign in to follow this  
floydcox

650 Touch

@floydcox v2.4.10RC2 has been released today. It fixes the INI file on new aircraft, and includes further fixes for the 'black screen' (it takes a totally different approach than in RC1, purposely for comparison). Just let us know how it goes with RC2!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Even with the latest update, I too have a blank screen when the 2D window is open. I have followed these conversations and have tried everything including:

• Reinstall plugin and core PC trainer software several times
  • Tried latest version and version prior of Garmin PC trainer software
  • Ensured antivirus is whitelisting everything
  • Reboot PC, changing planes, switching on/off the aircraft battery and avionics switches
  • X-plane 11.05 and beta 11.10
  • Updated to latest Nvidia 1080 drivers

I am always testing with the default 172 and have deleted the RealityXP.GTN.ini file multiple times as well as added debugging lines to it. The log files in the Documents menu don't show any errors, nor does the X-Plane log file. I've had this product for about a year and am stumped as what else to try. It's a must have tool for GA flying, and am hopeful you can sort this out.

The PC Trainer does show up in the task manager so it's launching OK. The PC trainer software works just fine on its own. The one exception is it shows a blank screen too if X-Plane is running. What else could I try? Any known issues with other plugins?

Cadmus Hawke

Hi,

Just a suggestion: did you try to disable your other plugins?
Sometimes it can be like having several persons behind the wheel trying to do their own thing.
It might not be the source of the issue at all but at least you could exclude an unexpected plugin incompatibility.
It's easy to enable/disable the plugins using a software like xOrganizer, or you can just temporarily move them from the plugins folder.

• Upvote 1

Hi Cadmus,

This is unfortunate but I'm not sure to understand something, and you might help a lot.

Did this happen since the first time you've been flying the GTN, with all the version you've been trying since then, like the Garmin GTN trainer 6.11, 6.21 and 6.41, and the RXP GTN plugin 2.x.x to 2.4.10? Can you maybe remember if there has been a specific moment (roughly even), when a specific trainer version or RXP plugin version started to exhibit this symptom?

35 minutes ago, Cadmus Hawke said:

The one exception is it shows a blank screen too if X-Plane is running.

Also, does it mean it is happening when manually running the GTN trainer alongside X-Plane running?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Hey guys, thanks for chiming in to help. I haven't yet tried to disable any other plugins (I do have almost all the major ones), but I can certainly give it a shot next.

From my recollection, everything worked fine through X-Plane 10.51 and up through the early stages of X-Plane 11. Actually I still have XP10 on my PC and checked it for grins, and it's showing blank in there too. It looks like that version is 2.4.2 according to the log file. I did update the Garmin PC trainer in early November to the current version, however I can't honestly say that the issues began then as I didn't have a chance to fully test until this week. In looking back at my downloads, I might have also updated Rxp to 2.4.09 in early November. I don't recall having any blank screen issues before then.

Yes in independent testing of the Garmin PC trainer software, it runs fine for both previous versions (without X-Plane running). I only have 6.21.0 installed at the moment. When I have X-plane 11 running with the 2D popup enabled, I ran the Garmin PC software independently and the GTN 650 "demo" screen is also blank. Of course I don't normally even mess with that historically, I was just testing to see if it made any difference.

I was hesitant to keep messing around with the e-commerce re-installer to try rolling back a few versions as didn't want to run out of activations potentially. I have stored versions of the rxpGTN plugin in my downloads folder going back to 2.4.2 up to current. I can try to run those again if you feel it would be helpful. I'm open to all suggestions at this point.

Thanks.

Cadmus Hawke

I disabled all of my plugins and lua scripts through x-organizer. Still no luck. Screenshot of default 172 with battery and avionics switches on and normally the GTN would boot up to the "continue" screen by now.

N7I3QhZ.jpg

Logs show:

17/12/03 16:05:01.409 06428 -    ] # win.xpl version 2.4.10.0
17/12/03 16:05:01.408 06428 INFO ]

AND

17/12/03 16:05:03.332 06428 -    ] # rxpGtnSim64.dll version 2.4.10.0

Cadmus Hawke

2 hours ago, Cadmus Hawke said:

I have stored versions of the rxpGTN plugin in my downloads folder going back to 2.4.2

I'd guess this shall be 2.2.4 instead isn't it?

This could be a good test indeed. Support for GTN trainer 6.21 started with RXP GTN 2.3, maybe trying plugin 2.4 first?

However, the plugin is only the user side of the simulation (the actual rendering and settings etc...).

The core simulation is rxpGtnSim32.dll (and rxpGtnSim64.dll) which resides in "C:\ProgramData\Reality XP\"

Usually it is best to keep the RXP software installer which gets unwrapped once authenticated through the e-commerce installer. I'm PM you a link.

Hey guys,

OK good news, it's working now! :ha:

Here's what I did:

• Uninstalled all traces of the Garmin software
  • Uninstalled rxpGTN from Windows settings
  • Reinstalled latest Garmin trainer from the 2.0.0.0 installer
  • Reinstalled latest 2.4.10 rxpGTN (F1 said I'm now out of activations)
  • Unblocked a file that I had previously blocked for Internet access: dasHost.exe (not sure if it's related at all)

Not sure what the hold up was, but I'm happy now as it popped right on when I lit up the avionics bus! Thanks for taking the time to help. You guys have great support!

J7GeItH.jpg

• Upvote 1

Cadmus Hawke

28 minutes ago, Cadmus Hawke said:

Reinstalled latest Garmin trainer from the 2.0.0.0 installer

Hi, I'm glad it is all working, with the GTN Trainer 6.41!

I'm not sure about 'dahost.exe' and how this could have any impact, especially since I've found out it is about:

The “dashost.exe” is a process which automatically checks e-mail inbox and displays a notification if you get a new e-mail. It works on Windows 8 only if you have synchronized your mail account to mail app. So it is safe to kill the process.

As for reactivations, it is a 24H/self-service on their support page.