Sign in to follow this  
Egbert Drenth

Aerozone Cheyenne Sounds - Anyone?

Hi all,

I had anticipated to wait for the Carenado sale (if any) before buying the Cheyenne II, but I gave in :biggrin:
Today my first flight, incl the mods of whamil77/Bill, and I'm very pleased. I really like the aircraft and specifically the panel.

Now my question: Does anyone use the sounds of Aerozone? How are they?
http://secure.simmarket.com/arezone-piper-pa31t-cheyenne-ii-hq-soundset-fsx-p3d.phtml

Egbert

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Hi Egbert,

In the past Carenado did not offer the holiday sale price for their aircraft less than a year old. That may change, who knows. I just purchased the Cheyenne II the other week. Will be interested to see if anyone does purchase and comment on the sound set you noted. Did you watch their YouTube demo video? This sound set sounds pretty good, also there is one review from a purchaser. You may want to read that as well in case you have not done so. Some simmers in the past have purchased sound sets from this vendor with the idea the cost is not much in case they did not like their purchase.

Raymie

You may want to "PM" Gregg_Seipp as he purchase and installed Synchro Soft's sound set for the Cheyenne II and seems to like it.

23 hours ago, Egbert Drenth said:

Does anyone use the sounds of Aerozone? How are they?

I do have them :happy: and they are actually quite good, except for the wind sound that is.
Waaayyy too loud, but that is easily fixed by editing the wav file.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

On 11/27/2017 at 1:03 AM, raymie said:

You may want to "PM" Gregg_Seipp as he purchase and installed Synchro Soft's sound set for the Cheyenne II and seems to like it.

I purchased the Synchro-soft for the PA-46 350P Malibu Mirage (and it is excellent!...for that aircraft).  My eyes are on these Cheyennes. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

On 11/27/2017 at 0:52 PM, Egbert Drenth said:

I do have them :happy: and they are actually quite good, except for the wind sound that is.
Waaayyy too loud, but that is easily fixed by editing the wav file.

I got the Arezone soundset for the Turbine Duke and it is wow.  The turbine startup and ground roll sounds are really nice.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

3 hours ago, MartinRex007 said:

I don't think Synchro-soft has a sound set for the Cheyenne II, at least I couldn't fine it?

I don't think it does.  I meant my comment above to clarify that I got the Synchro-soft soundset for a different aircraft...not this one.

Gregg Seipp

Sorry fellows for the confusion regarding a sound set for Carenado's Cheyenne II offered by Synchro-soft. It was my misunderstanding after reading Gregg's post as quoted below found under Cheyenne II  V. 1.2 Available topic: 

"I did that a couple of weeks ago with the RXP unit and now have that plane back!  Also added the Synchro Soft sound set (which is great).  I'm back to flying her again and working on more ways to make her even more realistic." 

That's what prompted me to post this earlier: "You may want to "PM" Gregg_Seipp as he purchase and installed Synchro Soft's sound set for the Cheyenne II and seems to like it."

I just assumed this sound set was offered by Synchro Soft for the Cheyenne II. You know what they say when one assumes, "it makes a you know what out of you know who" :))

Raymie

13 hours ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

I got the Arezone soundset for the Turbine Duke and it is wow.  The turbine startup and ground roll sounds are really nice.

Can it be used also for the Cheyenne, have you tried?

2 minutes ago, Egbert Drenth said:

Can it be used also for the Cheyenne, have you tried?

Interesting thought.  It might...might not hurt to try...but I think the Arezone Cheyenne II soundset sounds very similar to the Turbine Duke one.  In some sense, it should since the engines are similar (and the sound of the PT6 starting for the Turbine Duke is really, really nice.)  Also, the departure roll rattle is similar and, according to the description of their Cheyenne II mod, the buttons and switches all have custom sounds. 

Gregg Seipp

Hi Folks,

As we've discussed in another thread here - even Arezone seemed to include the annoying igniter clicks and played them through the whole demo... As best I can tell - you can't hear the click in the cockpit - here's a real world example of what you do hear...

Regards,
Scott 

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

12 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

As we've discussed in another thread here - even Arezone seemed to include the annoying igniter clicks and played them through the whole demo... As best I can tell - you can't hear the click in the cockpit - here's a real world example of what you do hear...

Be nice to hear that warbling sound instead.

Gregg Seipp

40 minutes ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

Be nice to hear that warbling sound instead.

Hi Gregg,

Yeah - does someone have an email for Arezone and are they open to feedback/improvements ???

Also see Dave in my "Ignition Sound" thread in this forum - he may have just what you're looking for...

:wink:

Regards,
Scott 

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7