Sign in to follow this  
Egbert Drenth

Aerozone Cheyenne Sounds - Anyone?

27 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Yeah - does someone have an email for Arezone and are they open to feedback/improvements ???

Dunno...but here's their email that's posted at simmarket.

ArezOne@hotmail.de

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Hi Gregg,

Hi my name is Scott and I'm a Cheyenne-aholic...

I'm interested in improving this bird and if you guys feel the sounds do it justice - I'm game....

I'll send an email as a potential customer addressing my concern... More than one would be better...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi Scott, I have Arezone sounds for the Cheyenne II and I'm the one who wrote the review on Simmarket's website. I emailed Arezone about my concerns months ago when I first bought them and never heard back from them? I do think they are an improvement over the default set that Carenado provides, perfect no but not bad? I'll see if I can find their e-mail and I'll post it here.

Cheers

Martin

Scott, here is their e-mail Arezone@hotmail.de

My complaint is when you pull back the power during flight or shortly after climbing out you do not hear a change in pitch when pulling back the power which you should hear. Carenado does a good job with this sound when pulling back the props you hear a nice change in pitch.  I tried to find the appropriate files that makes this change in pitch and just swap them into the Arezone sound set and that would solve the issue, but I couldn't really identify them.  Despite this I do use the Arezone sound set in the Cheyenne II.

P.S. I don't hear the ignition clicks when flying only during startup.

Martin   

Here is a good video where you can hear when the power levels are pulled back a little right after take-off, I don't hear this with the Arezone sound set?

• Upvote 1

Hi Martin,

Thanks for all - love seeing interest in this bird and welcome any improvements to Carenado's work...

I'll listen to the video when I get something a little better than a PC speaker...

Regards,
Scott

OK, I re-downloaded and installed the Arezone sounds set and I can hear a slight change in pitch now when pulling back the power, not as pronounced as in the video, and there is quite a lag but that is probably typical for a turbo-prop. So with Bill's (whamil77) mods and this sound set I'm pretty happy with her.

Cheers

Martin

Hi all,

I purchased and installed the Arezone Cheyenne sounds, and was really disappointed with the treatment of the prop pitch decrease.

All the other sounds are nice, but when you decrease prop pitch after take-off you don't hear any change in the prop sound, contrary to the default Carenado sounds.

I find this unrealistic. I sent several e-mails to the developper (arezone@hotmail.de) and they basically answered : "not an issue, everybody else is happy whith that, we're not going to correct it..."

I ended up uninstalling and reverting back to the default sounds

It's not very expensive but still for me it was a waste of money...

Regards,

Sinonquoi

Hi Folks,

Yeah - I think that prop sound would annoy me too if that was the case...

And if that's really their response - they'll be added to my "no fly" list...

I wound up going with TSS Twin Otter Sound Pack and some mods provided by another member to make them more Cheyenne like - I am pretty happy with the results - as most know TSS is the top of the line in sound mods... Also using the warbling sound instead of the ticks for the ignition system posted in my igniter sound thread in this forum...

If Carenado would fix that trim wheel and separate the ignition switches - I'd be pretty happy with this model now...

Regards,

Scott

On ‎29‎.‎11‎.‎2017 at 7:09 PM, MartinRex007 said:

Here is a good video where you can hear when the power levels are pulled back a little right after take-off, I don't hear this with the Arezone sound set?

As with every constant speed prop, there shouldn't be any change in sound (pitch) when reducing/increasing power! 

This happens only when reducing/increasing prop RPM.

That's unfortunately a very basic FSX/P3D bug which most people got used to over the years.

If the sound pitch changes with power changes Carenado has it wrong as well, but this would be a surprise because most Carenado Turboprop don't have this problem.

I confirm, Arezone sounds do not change when decreasing/ increasing prop RPM, as they should (and do with Carenado default)

No issue with power changes (no change in noise in either case)

If folks like the quality of the sounds, the particulars with how they operate can be adjusted with the sound.cfg file by moving sounds around between combustion sounds and prop sounds.  I'll pick up the sound set and see what I can do. 

I picked up the Arezone Cheyenne II sound set.  The raw sounds are pretty good but the mix in the sound.cfg file is awful.  I will make some changes to the file and try to find something that works. 

Hi Bill,

You're the Carroll Shelby of the FS aircraft world...

:tongue:

Regards,
Scott