Sign in to follow this  
Greggy_D

I'm DONE with PC Aviator (US)

Well, they are up to their old tricks again.  Some of you might remember PC Aviator (US) shut off their $5 coupons during the latter part of the 2016 Xmas sale.  The coupons had an expiration date of 31 DEC 16 with no disclaimer attached.

They just did it again.  I have a $5 coupon which expires 30 NOV 17.  I tried to apply it to a purchase and I get the same error that I received last year "The coupon cannot be used because the applicable discount is equal to 0."  PC Aviator shut off my coupon during the Thanksgiving sale.

I'm done with this company.  I'm done with their non-responses to e-mails, done with them not updating download files when updates are released (even when I inquire about them), done with the coupon trickery.  They can keep their $5 coupons and their 10% off Tuesdays.  Even if each purchase costs me a bit more, I'll deal with developers directly or another vendor that treats their customers like actual customers.

• Upvote 1

Hi Folks,

Well I hope they respond eventually - they have a notice on their website to send email to get coupon code to update Majestic to V4 - sent email on Friday - no response yet...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I experienced the same thing there yesterday when trying to buy a product which was not a Thanksgiving Special.

My initial reaction was the same as Greggy_D's, especially against the background (mentioned in some historical posts of mine) where, although I have successfully used the $5 discount coupon in the past, I have on previous occasions been sent a $5 voucher and code where from recollection the expiry date had already passed or where I had been sent one with the same number as an earlier one sent to me and, thus, it could not be used.

I then noticed that part of the Black Friday Deals notice on the Home page read:

No Coupon Codes. No Fine Print.
Your Discount Is Automatically Applied When You Add To Cart.

I had taken that to mean that there was no need to enter any code number to get the Black Friday Deals but I then wondered whether it could mean that the use of coupon codes is not available during the special promotion.

To give PCA the benefit of the doubt, I decided to wait until tomorrow when the Black Friday even is over and then try again. If I continue to get the same outcome, I will following in Greggy_D's footsteps, having previously gone through two periods each of approximately a year when I had refrained from dealing with that store.

Gary 

1 hour ago, Gartro said:

I then noticed that part of the Black Friday Deals notice on the Home page read:

No Coupon Codes. No Fine Print.
Your Discount Is Automatically Applied When You Add To Cart.

I had planned to make a purchase yesterday using a $5 coupon but noticed this.  I'll try the purchase again Tuesday... coupling the coupon with their 10% Tuesday discount.

Greg

"I noticed you have not purchased yada, yada, yada..." What a piece of work.

• Upvote 1

Gary Stewart

In the past year I've emailed them 9 times and left 5 voicemails, I've never heard any response from them.

I wouldn't use a piece of software from them, even if it was free.

Used to be excellent but they never recovered from some storm damage as I recollect.
Haven't done business with them since the Computer Pilot debacle. Don't miss 'em either.

C

Hi Folks,

Wonderful - there goes my Majestic Q400 - no response yet...

:angry:

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Gents, try again.  I too had the same issue and just did a last ditch attempt to use my coupon before buying from Just Flight and it worked fine, also got the 10% black friday discount.  The airport I bought worked out £5 cheaper with this discount so couldn't pass on it.

Cheers

Stu Bevis

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg PC: i5 8600K @ 5.0GHz, Asus Maximus X Hero, Corsair 16GB @ 3200MHz, EVGA GTX970SC

1 hour ago, StChalky said:

Gents, try again.

Tried again based upon your suggestion... and it worked for me too!  10% plus the $5 coupon I had.  Despite the above disclaimer about no coupons.  Thanks!

Greg

I tried again about an hour ago and it worked.

Gary

On 26.11.2017 at 9:02 PM, Greggy_D said:

Well, they are up to their old tricks again.  Some of you might remember PC Aviator (US) shut off their $5 coupons during the latter part of the 2016 Xmas sale.  The coupons had an expiration date of 31 DEC 16 with no disclaimer attached.

They just did it again.  I have a $5 coupon which expires 30 NOV 17.  I tried to apply it to a purchase and I get the same error that I received last year "The coupon cannot be used because the applicable discount is equal to 0."  PC Aviator shut off my coupon during the Thanksgiving sale.

I'm done with this company.  I'm done with their non-responses to e-mails, done with them not updating download files when updates are released (even when I inquire about them), done with the coupon trickery.  They can keep their $5 coupons and their 10% off Tuesdays.  Even if each purchase costs me a bit more, I'll deal with developers directly or another vendor that treats their customers like actual customers.

I had the same experience the during the last few months. NEVER got any reply from them even after I send them my "With this business practice, I will never buy from you again" message.

Sadly now I will have to buy some planes again from another more trusty vendor, just to get the P3D V4 compatibility (Aerosofts Bronco for example)

"Haven't done business with them since the Computer Pilot debacle."

Ah yes, it's coming back to me now.  New there was a reason I stopped dealing with them.  New 2 year subscription just up and vanished.

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...