Sign in to follow this  
Reiner on Tour

two beginner questions to Pilot2ATC

Hello everybody,

first of all, I would like to say that Pilot2ATC is a really very good ATC program, and I'm really excited about it. Thanks a lot for this.

But, i have 2 questions though.

First:

If I always want to start with a SID on a flight and always want to be directed to the runway via vectors. How do I have to set this in Pilot2ATC?

Second:

I have ATC Background Chatter Files installed, that sounds very good, but how can I turn the volume down. Somehow this does not work for me.

Best regards

Reiner

Meine Virtuelle Airline: Leipzigair   LHA357    abz_3kapitaen.gif
Mein Youtube Channel: Reiner on Tour
X - Plane 11 | AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | 32GB DDR4-3200  | AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT | Win10 /64bit

Reiner,

For the first question, you should file an IFR flight plan with a SID and ILS Approach at destination.  Then, during the arrival, if you are not told to expect vectors to the ILS, just request vectors to the ILS and you should get them.  You can file a STAR, but that reduces the chance of getting vectors without requesting them.

Second, within P2A there is a volume control on the radio panel that pops up when you click on the Com Standby display in the bottom left of the main window.  If that is already turned all the way up, then check the master volume in the Windows Volume Mixer by right clicking the Speaker icon in the System Tray and selecting Open Volume Mixer.

Dave

Hello Dave,

many thanks for your response. I tried it and it works. Thank you!

I still have a question about the FLP settings. I have removed the six hooks at Flt Pln / ATC Options. Is it correct that way? Or do I have to adjust this somehow?

Many Thanks

Reiner

X - Plane 11 | AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | 32GB DDR4-3200  | AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT | Win10 /64bit

Of  the top 6 options, I would leave ATC Assigns STARs and Randomize SIDs and STARs unchecked and check the rest. 

If you want to manually plan the SID and Approach you can uncheck the ATC Assigns SID and ATC Assigns Approaches options, but still leave the other 2 checked.

Hello Dave,

many thanks for your response. I will try it tonight.

Best regards

Reiner

Hello Dave,

i am sorry that I could not report earlier. I have followed your advice and it works very well. Thanks again for your advice, and especially for this beautiful Pilot2ATC.

At the moment I'm having some difficulties with Aerosoft's brand new EDDF airport, because no gates are detected, but I'll test it before I ask a new question.

Many Thanks
Reiner