Sign in to follow this  
dvlourie

Where Ortho sends the tiles??

So I have been using Ortho for quite a few months and happy to say almost 1/2 of Continental done. Now, the question. Currently the completed tiles reside on a 4tb external. I have another empty 4tb external that I want to start using and store the rest of the completed tiles. I always make shortcuts to the tiles for the custom scenery. Is there a way to "point" to the new drive or do I have to install a new copy of Ortho? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I think this should be of interest

http://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshellext/linkshellextension.html

Cheers,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

On 12/18/2017 at 9:13 AM, hesynergy said:

I think this should be of interest

http://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshellext/linkshellextension.html

Cheers,

Chas

Chas,

I was hoping for a simple yet similar solution to what I would like to do. Simply put, have ONE map showing all the tiles for both installs of Ortho4xp? Hoping for too much? 

No, all scenery must be located or hard-linked into Custom Scenery. Sadly, you can't have two or more separate folders for scenery.

Perhaps an idea would be to merge all the orthos together into one big scenery instead of 1 per tile and then link it in. I'm not sure if this will work, but it seems to be the approach used by ForkBoy's orthos, which contain entire states in one folder.

8 hours ago, tonywob said:

No, all scenery must be located or hard-linked into Custom Scenery. Sadly, you can't have two or more separate folders for scenery.

Perhaps an idea would be to merge all the orthos together into one big scenery instead of 1 per tile and then link it in. I'm not sure if this will work, but it seems to be the approach used by ForkBoy's orthos, which contain entire states in one folder.

tonywob, thanks for the response. I DO have all scenery linked. Custom scenery is showing all tiles. I would like to see all completed tiles in the Earth Tile Map when I open Ortho4xp. Because I have two separate installs of Orth4XP on two separate 4TB external drives, this seems not to be possible.