Sign in to follow this  
apollon01

Support for FaceTrackNoIR

Hello,

I have been using ChasePlane for some time now. Thank you for it!

Recently, I have purchased and set up successfully FaceTrackNoIR - a head tracking alternative to TrackIR. It works actually quite well for the little € it costs. However - ChasePlane does not support this great low-cost head tracking software :-(

Would you please consider having a look into this in future?

As far as I know, and by no means I am an expert in the topic, FaceTrackNoIR launches a dummy TrackIR.exe in order to work with X Plane 11. May this be a way how to get ChasePlane work alongside with FaceTrackNoIR also for P3D?

Thank you for your feedback.

Kind regards,

Milan

Just figured it out:

- download and install TrackIR software (freely downloadable from their web page)

- run it alongside with the ChasePlane

- set the Game protocol in FaceTrackNoIR to FreeTrack 2.1.

On 11/29/2017 at 9:30 PM, apollon01 said:

Just figured it out:

- download and install TrackIR software (freely downloadable from their web page)

- run it alongside with the ChasePlane

- set the Game protocol in FaceTrackNoIR to FreeTrack 2.1.

Hi,

I have the problem, but I could not set this up. Following your advice, downloaded and ran trackir software, updated it to the latest version, and ran it alongside with facetracknoir and chaseplane. Set facetracknoir to freetrack 2.1 protocol (the same settings worked with ezca before), but the camera is not moving at all. I'm running the latest 0.4.204 beta build. Of course trackIR is enabled in chaseplane.

Did you do anything else to get it to work?

Thanks.

On 7/1/2018 at 6:24 AM, szcsongor said:

I'm running the latest 0.4.204 beta build. Of course trackIR is enabled in chaseplane.

Make sure you run ChasePlane to update it to the latest version

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I just updated Chaseplane but the problem remains.
But now I think I figured out why. FacetrackNoIR was able to communicate with the sim also through FreeTrack protocol up until p3d v3, this is how I used it along with ezca.

Now on v4 that does not work, only through a fixed Simconnect SP2 protocol, which explains why Chaseplane and FacetrackNoIR can't control the camera at the same time. As soon as I exit chaseplane face tracking works well.

I will look for some solution but probably FacetrackNoIR - FreeTrack has to be fixed for this.

OK, now it suddenly works. I don't know why, I did not do anything besides restarting the whole sim, then closing Chaseplane to try out of facetracknoir works then starting Chaseplane again. Then it suddenly worked using freetrack protocol in facetracknoir (the same way as with ezca, but this time TrackIR's software has to run in the background.