Sign in to follow this  
Enzzo

[Resolved] Question about strobe lights size

This is one of the best add-ons for AI traffic! Strobes cause the same feeling that I experienced watching them at night in the airport. As if someone is waving huge luminous fans. :smile:
Thank you very much for this.
I have one question. Current strobe lights are ideal for medium-sized aircraft (737, 320, Regional Jet, etc.). For GA aircraft it is somewhat intense. Light for large (heavy, with a large wingspan) is not enough light. I suspect that the radius of the effect should be responsible for this. Could you tell me what parameter of the effect needs to be increased, what would the radius of the strobess increase? I want to "light up" my strobes 747, 777, 380, etc. by myself.
Thank you.
Eduard.

Hi @Enzzo,

Many thanks for your feedback it is very much appreciated.

In answer to your question the Profesional Edition will allow end users to adjust the size of the strobe lights -and other lights- for their entire fleet or per individual AI models when required via an user friendly graphic interface.

In the meantime if you send me privately your email address I can send you an special strobe effect for your heavy planes.

Best Regards,
Simbol

• Upvote 1

Okay! I looked at the edited strobe effects and they look much better. I'm waiting for the Pro-version. 
Thanks again.
Eduard.

• Upvote 1

I would like to note for the future. The AI models with a flexible wing (FAIB 747, 767, UTT 787) have nuances in the implementation of the strobe and NAV lights. Namely - the effects are tied in the model to the very edge of the wing. This leads to the fact that the wing partially shields the effect and needs to be made it more powerful.

Spoiler

h_1512011675_3507014_3f95cb5a87.jpeg

In models with a rigid wing and effects recorded in aircraft.cfg this does not happen. Effects there are usually located a short distance from the edge of the wing and it does not block them.

Spoiler

h_1512011990_9859796_4296ca4d8f.jpeg

To my great regret, these effects can not be "screwed" to the AI FSPX aircrafts. External lighting in them is organized not by effects, but simply modeled. :sad:

5 hours ago, Enzzo said:

I would like to note for the future. The AI models with a flexible wing (FAIB 747, 767, UTT 787) have nuances in the implementation of the strobe and NAV lights. Namely - the effects are tied in the model to the very edge of the wing. This leads to the fact that the wing partially shields the effect and needs to be made it more powerful.

Reveal hidden contents

h_1512011675_3507014_3f95cb5a87.jpeg

In models with a rigid wing and effects recorded in aircraft.cfg this does not happen. Effects there are usually located a short distance from the edge of the wing and it does not block them.

Reveal hidden contents

h_1512011990_9859796_4296ca4d8f.jpeg

To my great regret, these effects can not be "screwed" to the AI FSPX aircrafts. External lighting in them is organized not by effects, but simply modeled. :sad:

Enzzo,

I am aware of this, this would not be a problem with the professional edition which is a more advanced tool capable of detecting the difference characteristics of each of your AI models.

Also you can configure the intensity of the lights for your entire fleet or individual AI models to you preference.

You should also known that the ESP engine treats effects attached to models different from effects declared via the Aircraft.cfg, for a example the nav lights will be turned off above 10,000ft or and after certain distances among others things as you are describing.

I wrote information about this on this Forum advising to use non wing flex AI models if this is something that bothers you as a user.

Regarding FSP / FSPX models you are correct, these models have been modelled without following the SDK instructions from LM and Microsoft and therefore they cannot be supported.

I hope you are enjoying the AI Lights freeware and the special effects I sent you earlier this week.

Best Regards,

Simbol 

• Upvote 1