Sign in to follow this  
15_carbon

p3dv4 X pmdg 777 737

When I try to install it (installation cannot continue. your registry does not show a valid prepar3d(tm) instellation location.) will be displayed. I tried it many times, but I can not do anything. Request a solution

As it sounds like a registry issue - not uncommon - I'd try using Ccleaner, and use the registry fix option as the first step. That's got me out of similar problems before. 

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

There is a dedicated PMDG forum right here on these boards.

It's best to ask this over there.

When doing so you have to disclose your full real name.

1 hour ago, 15_carbon said:

your registry does not show a valid prepar3d(tm) instellation location

I believe this is the main reason for posting here in the P3D Forum.  Unless P3D is registered properly, PMDG cannot install their products.  Wondering what operating system you have installed.  Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 10?  What version of Prepar3D do you have installed?  Version 1.1?  Version 2?  Some of the PMDG products are not compatible with versions earlier than Version 3 (believe the PMDG 777 works in version 2.4).  If you have Version 3 or 4 of the Prepar3D, recommend you go to Add/Remove programs and find Prepar3D Client and uninstall.  Now reinstall the Prepar3D Client.  Make sure you right click on the Setup program and select Run as Administrator.

If you have a specific issue with a PMDG product, register in their support section, and submit a trouble-ticket - https://support.precisionmanuals.com/Main/.   The PMDG forums here at AVSIM are for user-to-user support (and sometimes a response from a PMDG moderator but none of the support is official).  The trouble ticket system was set up mainly by PMDG (and most developers) to avoid software pirates from receiving support. 

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I apologize that my question was inadequate. What I purchase and use is Prepar3D v4 Academic and os is windows 10. The zip of Prepar3D v4 Academic is written as 4.1.7.22841.

Are you trying to install a P3D V3 version or V4 ? if you have not upgraded your PMDG planes to V4, you will get that message when an incorrect version is being installed.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

4 hours ago, 15_carbon said:

The zip of Prepar3D v4 Academic is written as 4.1.7.22841.

All PMDG products should work then.  When it is installed, it will look in the registry for your version of P3DV4.1.  If it does not find it, then you did not install P3DV4.1.  As I stated above, go into Add/Remove programs and remove the Prepar3D Academic Client.  Look in your Prepar3D zip file for Client and then click on the Setup.exe for the Client.  Unininstalling/Reinstalling the client will not affect anything you already have installed so it is super, super safe to uninstall and then reinstall.  Right click on Setup and select Run as Administrator.  Run P3D once to make sure it is running properly.  Close.  Install your PMDG product.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10