Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

$500 for Dell 21:9 34" Monitor

I absolutely love mine! I ditched my tripple monitor setup for the Dell 34" ultra wide and it's very nice. Great build quality too. 

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

43 minutes ago, PWJT8D said:

I absolutely love mine! I ditched my tripple monitor setup for the Dell 34" ultra wide and it's very nice. Great build quality too. 

Hello Andrew, I use XP 11 and based on what I've read and viewed, full-screen mode does not fill the screen but rather leaves black bars at the top and bottom of the 34" screen. What's your experience?

JJ

10 minutes ago, Jean-Jacques said:

Hello Andrew, I use XP 11 and based on what I've read and viewed, full-screen mode does not fill the screen but rather leaves black bars at the top and bottom of the 34" screen. What's your experience?

JJ

I have every sim pretty much..... XP11, FSX, P3Dv4, DCS, FSW... I don't have any issues with filling the entire screen or black bars. With the microsoft based simulators you just have to adjust your zoom level but with XP11 you have to adjust your Field of View to get the right spacing between yourself and the cockpit. Otherwise it's a great monitor for flight simulation.

That is something to take into account however is your system. You will be adding a lot more pixels and a lot larger field of view... that is if you are upgrading from a typical HD monitor. 

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

3 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Amazon has the older model Dell Ultra Wide on sale for $500.00 for another 16 hours...

https://www.amazon.com/Dell-UltraSharp-34-Inch-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B00PXYRMPE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1511795929&sr=8-3&keywords=21%3A9+dell

I'm tempted...

Regards,
Scott

I had one in the past, switched for a 144hz gsync for general gaming and a 4k tv for flight simulation, but its a great monitor, very well build like almost everything that Dell does, as native 30hz support ;) at that price is an excellent purchase.

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

2 minutes ago, PWJT8D said:

I have every sim pretty much..... XP11, FSX, P3Dv4, DCS, FSW... I don't have any issues with filling the entire screen or black bars. With the microsoft based simulators you just have to adjust your zoom level but with XP11 you have to adjust your Field of View to get the right spacing between yourself and the cockpit. Otherwise it's a great monitor for flight simulation.

That is something to take into account however is your system. You will be adding a lot more pixels and a lot larger field of view... that is if you are upgrading from a typical HD monitor. 

Thank you Andrew. JJ

It is tempting. I currently use an LG 39" 1080p TV as my monitor. I love the size, which I would clearly be giving back with a 34", but I'm wondering if the increased resolution would make up for it...

- Aaron

10 hours ago, dmarques69 said:

I had one in the past, switched for a 144hz gsync for general gaming and a 4k tv for flight simulation, but its a great monitor, very well build like almost everything that Dell does, as native 30hz support ;) at that price is an excellent purchase.

Curious what make/model you opted for with your 4k TV for flight sim?

- Aaron

If you're going to get one, this is the time to do it. I feel it is one of those purchases that you won't regret, especially after you go back to that page and look at the price you could've paid.

spacer.png

On 28/11/2017 at 4:52 AM, slait said:

Curious what make/model you opted for with your 4k TV for flight sim?

Sorry, saw your question and forgot to answer

this one http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/mu6300

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

Thanks for the reply. I opted for 4k as well and ended up ordering the TCL S405. Fingers crossed that it pays off.

- Aaron

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.