Gauges or full panel on two separate monitor

Hi guys.

I've recently built my new PC:

i5-8600k

MSI z370 Tomahawk

DDR4 PC3200 2x4Gb Ram

Gigabyte GTX 1070 8Gb

to install Prepar3d and use 3 monitor.

Now I'm thinking to add 1 or 2 monitors more where to display gauges or even the full panel, as you can see in this photo:

SimPit01.jpg

Can suggest me how to do? I mean:

- Can I use the same PC and GPU?

- If yes, can I display the panel as a undocked window or do you have other solutions?

- If not, do I need a second PC or just a second GPU in the same PC?

Thank you very much for your precious assistance

Best Regards 

Alessandro

21 minutes ago, biosdi said:

- Can I use the same PC and GPU?

- If yes, can I display the panel as a undocked window or do you have other solutions?

In theory you can run 4 screens at once on your card, so if you really want five you will need to add another GPU. In practice you will struggle even with four if you display the panel as a VC view. Indeed, you don't say where this photo is from but it appears to show four independent 3D (VC) views and an external program. (The latter also means it is is running in windowed mode, at least on FSX and older versions of P3D.) This will not give you satisfactory performance in my experience. You will need to set up nvidia Surround mode and run the forward triple display as a single window. This will be very stretched at the sides, which you may or may not be able to live with.

For your instrument panels you could run 2D panels but very few aircraft come with them these days. That leaves using a separate application to run the panels. There are various ways to do this but the most flexible is to use a program like Panel Builder or Air Manager. I recommend Air Manager for all sorts of reasons. You will likely need to do some work to create your panel but you can run it on a separate computer for minimal performance impact. With the coming v3.0 you can run it on all sorts of low-spec PCs - even tiny stick PCs, apparently.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

Thank you for your assistance!

Project Magenta seems to GA oriented :(

I had a look to Air Manager and it's great. However, I wonder if it can manage and display gauges for e.g. a 737NG (MFD, PFD...)...

My dream is to display MFD, PFD, EICAS and so for a 737NG on one or two monitors behind a home made wood frame 737NG panel replica...

There are excellent freeware glass gauges (crgsim-0_086.zip) available and can run on either a second PC or your FS unit. Air Manager is terrific, I use it most for GA piston and some turboprop flying. Takes a while to get the hang of things (for me anyway) but most gauges can work in FSX/P3D or XPlane. Well worth the money. 

FYI, I have 5 screens: 1080Ti runs three large screens while a GTX 750 runs 15 and 13 inch LCD's off one computer (for now).      

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

1 hour ago, biosdi said:

I had a look to Air Manager and it's great. However, I wonder if it can manage and display gauges for e.g. a 737NG (MFD, PFD...)...

Have a look at Russ Barlow's Youtube channel. Russ is Air Manager's in-house evangelist and a former 737 captain to boot. He was working on a set of 737 panels last I heard, although maybe not for the NG.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro