Sign in to follow this  

Basic but smooth cockpit views: what are my options?

15 minutes ago, Nickbe said:

With the release of Prepar3d v4.1 had problems with taxiing aircrafts from A2A and PMDG but it was quickly corrected

That was the turning point for me (no pun intended!) I appreciate the fact that it was quickly corrected, but why is a camera addon even involved with that? 

Still, I realise both addons have their followers and EZDOK v2 is definitely better compared to v1. If you have the possibility to upgrade from v1 then go for it. But if you have no camera addon, I'd personally recommend Chaseplane. 

• Upvote 1

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

Well Neil above did a vid on chaseplane probably a totally waste of time showing it though given your damming comments.

Handy if you want to do a walkaround prefight also.

• Upvote 3

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Hi Folks,

A picture is worth a thousand words - very nicely done video...

Regards,

Scott

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I use AivlaSoft SimpleCam, extremely easy tool and a wonderful addition to TrackIR. Views configured in seconds, more I do not need. Chaseplane looks great, but for me its an overkill.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

2 hours ago, Nickbe said:

Hi,

If you use Ezdok 2 be sure to update to the latest version 2.6.0.27. A lot of new features and bug fixes.

http://www.simforums.com/forums/ezca-2-6-for-p3d-v4-1-p3d-4-0-p3d-v3-xx-fsx_topic59058.html

I fly on the Q400, and with Ezdok creates a strong immersion of flight. Can offer you my camera set with the configured effects. You can get it in the cloud:

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/Jkrw/W9trazJpN

Thanks, I will have a look at it if I get EZDOK!

2 hours ago, Ebs said:

There's also SimpleCam that may be more suited. 

http://www.aivlasoft.com/74.html

I moved on from EZDOK to Chaseplane as EZDOK was affecting aircraft flight models and ground handling and I wasn't happy with that. Best of luck! 

I'll check that out too. And btw I am not planning on using any of the shaing effects etc. so I doubt if it will affect the flight model and ground handling...? EDIT Ah, Nickbe answered that already. EDIT 2 SimpleCam is VERY simple and even costs CHF 9.90... You can do that with default P3D settings already afaik (see Nemo's post and my reply below).

2 hours ago, charlie130 said:

I would recommend it for one main reason. It's updated on a daily basis.

I can understand you see this as positive but I am inclined to see it as negative. I want something that simply works. :happy: If it is being updated on a daily basis I get the feeling something is wrong LOL

2 hours ago, Nemo said:

Maybe this helps  http://forum.simflight.com/topic/80948-go-to-specific-vc-view-on-button-press/

it describes how to quick access different VC views using FSUIPC.

Will look at that too but I do suppose transitions won't be smooth...? What's more interesting is that it describes how to use default P3D settings to switch between views. No smooth transitions though. 

48 minutes ago, J van E said:

I can understand you see this as positive but I am inclined to see it as negative. I want something that simply works. :happy: If it is being updated on a daily basis I get the feeling something is wrong LOL

Not that it's improved all the time, being worked on all the time with an active developer that want's it to be leagues ahead of anything else. Also has an english support forum right here.

It's because something is wrong!!!!!.....wow!

Yer chaseplane never works, crashers all the time and it's pants! UI is terrible and costs way too much.:blink: Don't buy it. :dry: One minute you say you want the very best then the next you don't want to pay for something that's "expensive". The very best is not normally the cheap option in the world I live in sadly.

I've use chaseplane for 10 months now the only time it's not worked in all that time was when the servers went down because until now you have to be connect to the internet. Crashers = 0. something must be wrong!:huh:

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

One minute you say you want the very best then the next you don't want to pay for something that's "expensive".

I can't remember having said that I want the very best... :happy: 

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

I've use chaseplane for 10 months now the only time it's not worked in all that time was when the servers went down because until now you have to be connect to the internet.

Ah, yes, that's true too. I own PrecipitFX but I am not a fan of the way they let you install their software. One more reason to not get it then. :happy:

37 minutes ago, J van E said:

I can't remember having said that I want the very best... :happy: 

It was when you was talking about the Q400.

Anyway don't buy it it's rubbish just like PTA is:biggrin: 

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

Ah, ok, yes, the Q400.

Hahaha, don't be surprised if I buy ChasePlane one of these day! :laugh:

Ok, as you all may know I am very fickle. To prove this to you all I can tell you I just bought ChasePlane. :cool: The various video’s I watched convinced me of its ease of use. Besides, the price wasn’t too bad in euro’s and I got a discount because I own PrecipitFX. Another thing I thought of was that whenever LM releases an update the devs of ChasePlane may react quicker to any changes. 

Bit of a letdown then that I can’t look around with the mouse of change the view with the control, hahaha! Fooled around with it for 10 minutes but I got nowhere. But well, am sure I am doing something stupid and that I will be able to enjoy my purchase for years to come. 

I've come so close to upgrading my Ezdok v1 to v2, then paused and was very close to buying Chaseplane instead.  My hesitation is both of these products are very good and are separating themselves in different ways.  From all the reviews and opinions I've read, Ezdok is the leader in effects and performance, while Chaseplane is the leader in features available with a better user interface.  I love competition in that there's two excellent developers who are going all out to become the market leader.  I hope they're both successful, but I still don't know which one to buy.  For FSFX to get my money, they're going to have to convince me their effects are competitive with Ezdok (a video demonstrating this is needed).  If they can't match it, then I'll go with Ezdok v2.  Of course I'll miss the replay feature of CP, and on and on it goes.....

1 hour ago, curt1 said:

I've come so close to upgrading my Ezdok v1 to v2, then paused and was very close to buying Chaseplane instead.  My hesitation is both of these products are very good and are separating themselves in different ways.  From all the reviews and opinions I've read, Ezdok is the leader in effects and performance, while Chaseplane is the leader in features available with a better user interface.  I love competition in that there's two excellent developers who are going all out to become the market leader.  I hope they're both successful, but I still don't know which one to buy.  For FSFX to get my money, they're going to have to convince me their effects are competitive with Ezdok (a video demonstrating this is needed).  If they can't match it, then I'll go with Ezdok v2.  Of course I'll miss the replay feature of CP, and on and on it goes.....

I have both now.  I am a long time user of EZDok, but have only started using ChasePlane two weeks ago.  I'm not as enamored as others with Chaseplane yet.  Maybe I will be over time.  It doesn't seem as stable as EZDok...I've had a number of crashes with the latest version, mostly at exit...and, sometimes it switches views in the wrong direction, as if your head swivels completely around.  Sometimes the mouselook turns straight down.  On the positive side, the effects seem as good as EZDok, views are easy to set up.  It does have more flexibility and it's own features.  It's a winner for people that make youtube videos, I think.  For others that are seasoned in EZDok, dunno.

Gregg 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

1 hour ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

I have both now.  I am a long time user of EZDok, but have only started using ChasePlane two weeks ago.  I'm not as enamored as others with Chaseplane yet.  Maybe I will be over time.  It doesn't seem as stable as EZDok...I've had a number of crashes with the latest version, mostly at exit...and, sometimes it switches views in the wrong direction, as if your head swivels completely around.  Sometimes the mouselook turns straight down.  On the positive side, the effects seem as good as EZDok, views are easy to set up.  It does have more flexibility and it's own features.  It's a winner for people that make youtube videos, I think.  For others that are seasoned in EZDok, dunno.

Gregg 

Thanks for the feedback, Gregg.  Both support forums are pretty busy, so neither of these beta products are pain free.  I have noticed a number of unanswered posts in the Ezdok forum, so that's not encouraging.  I'll probably take the pulse of things in January before deciding what to do.  In the meantime, ezdok v1 is working well enough for me.   

On 28-11-2017 at 4:57 PM, Nyxx said:

Just wanted to say that after the usual startup problems I am having a ball with ChasePlane! I didn't want to buy PTA, bought it, hated it, love it now. Didn't want to buy the Q400, bought, hate... nah, loved it right away. Didn't want to buy CP, bought it, didn't work, sigh, works now, love it now. But boy, me and my wallet seriously hope we can resist that FSLabs 320...!!! :cool: Anyway, thanks to you and some others here for throwing so much good advice in my direction lately. :smile:

Hi Jeroen,

Honestly - most people are just trying to help - glad you like it (I'd truly hate to suggest something and the person doesn't like it) - hold down your middle mouse button and you can move the view around all you want... Best of luck with it - it's an essential tool in my toolbox and I can't fly without it... I hear ya on the costs - it's not the same sim we had in the early days... $50.00 or so is my line in the sand for an aircraft...

:wink:

Regards,
Scott

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7