Sign in to follow this  
F737MAX

Taxi2Gate MMMX Xtreme Prepar3d v4 compatibility

Hi all.

Quick question, apart from the texture issue described in this thread below...

...does Taxi2Gate's - MMMX Mexico City Xtreme work in P3D v4 without major problems?

Can anyone let me know of their experiences with it please?

Thanks.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I've flown to/from T2G MMMX on several occasions in P3Dv4 and never noticed a problem... I assume you are talking about the airport scenery. I generally don't install city scapes.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks for the feedback.

As some of the older FSX scenery modelling does not display correctly (or at all) in P3D4, I needed to hear whether this one functions before I made the purchase.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Well, the problem I have is that runways lights are not visible at night. Thats the only problem. I dont know if this issue have a solution.

1 hour ago, sedacajr said:

Well, the problem I have is that runways lights are not visible at night. That the only problem. I dont know if this issue have a solution.

The solution is apparently to "2. Replace the runway lighting for a brighter set." according to a post from the thread that I linked to in my opening post.
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/481855-taxi2gate-mmmx-extreme/?do=findComment&comment=3357578

I'll be trying to do this later.

I hope they remodel and make a dedicated P3Dv4 installer.  I don't mind the 5 Euro charge they did with LFPG and KSEA.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

In the past, I installed the airport and the town, but now in p3dv4, there are black textures, and missing objects, the sceneries are not yet compatible, hoop so a remodeling with v4 sdk.

1 hour ago, ms2 said:

In the past, I installed the airport and the town, but now in p3dv4, there are black textures, and missing objects, the sceneries are not yet compatible, hoop so a remodeling with v4 sdk.

The black textures are the added houses texture files. Youll need to have this installed in your main P3Dv4 texture folder. 

As for the runaways lights replaced then with the mmmx files from below

http://simmershome.de

14ppkc-6.png

3 minutes ago, tooting said:

Youll need to have this installed in your main P3Dv4 texture folder. 

Thx for this info, best regard

what are the name of the textures that we need to put in the main texture file?. Didn't know this was possible until now. I should check the forums more often.

It's working fine for me in 4.1. I had black textures on the buildings in the city at first though. What I did was install the scenery into FSX and then copy over three files that the installer put into the main FSX texture folder into P3D's texture folder.

In case you don't have an FSX installation I think it may work if you create a fake fsx.exe and install the scenery into that folder. It should create all the sub folders including texture and that'll be where the three files to be copied are located.

If you install the scenery into any separate folder where you have your P3D addons installed you'll be missing the texture files, thus no building textures.

I'm not near my FS computer right now and don't remember the names of the files but you should be able to figure them out by looking at the date and time created. Maybe they even have something like T2G in front.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

4 hours ago, tooting said:

Here's a link for runway lights 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-EYh6oNQ1XBd1VOZ1hkMFJ0a0F0MExYWVN4QXZxVkdQTG5J/view?usp=drivesdk

The black textures I'll check later as I'm in the office 

3 hours ago, threegreen said:

It's working fine for me in 4.1. I had black textures on the buildings in the city at first though. What I did was install the scenery into FSX and then copy over three files that the installer put into the main FSX texture folder into P3D's texture folder.

In case you don't have an FSX installation I think it may work if you create a fake fsx.exe and install the scenery into that folder. It should create all the sub folders including texture and that'll be where the three files to be copied are located.

If you install the scenery into any separate folder where you have your P3D addons installed you'll be missing the texture files, thus no building textures.

I'm not near my FS computer right now and don't remember the names of the files but you should be able to figure them out by looking at the date and time created. Maybe they even have something like T2G in front.

Thanks for the link to the lights, the runway ones look good, the blue edge lights do not.

I tried the fake FSX install method twice, but it did not create any additional folders or files for the city building textures.

Would one of you be so kind as to link the 2 or 3 missing texture files so that bosflo, ms2, and I (plus anyone else reading this who has the same issue) can copy this to our main texture folder please?

Many thanks

yeah, I took all the texture files in the mmmx-city folder and put them into the P3 V4 main texture folder but nothing happened. I have had the scenery installed for a while and I just copied the three main folders over to the add on scenery folder in P3D V4. I have just been living with the black textures so I am excited to finally have the scenery working correctly.