Sign in to follow this  
Babbo

Black Friday GTN650/750 [SOLVED]

This is becoming somewhat tedious.

I ordered from your Reality-XP page. Here I used the option bottom left, which is described as "GTN 750 for X-Plane". My email-confirmation assures a purchase of "1 RealityXP Garmin GTN 750 (XPlane)".

Strangely, this order confirmation does not account for the Thanksgiving price ($35.00), but shows $49.95. I didn't care about this yet ...

... but now I do: My Account says " - 49,95 USD".

Consequently, did I fail in any way & where is my discount?

Hi,

The only reason for the message is a missing license. You must e-commerce install (or e-commerce reinstall) on the same computer your running FltSim, otherwise, there is a license transfer tool to help you migrate the license to another computer (typically for non-internet connected computers).

As for the Black Friday Sale Coupon, it requires using the Coupon at the time of purchase, which download button is located next to the product download button so as to make sure not to miss it. It might have not been visible enough though, but there is no other option.

I'd suggest you run the e-commerce installer again, select 'reinstall', when prompted locate your key file and enter your license password. This will authenticate your license on your computer.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

The e-commerce installer (rxpGTN-750-XPL.exe) was installed (with my original version 9 purchase) and re-installed (while checking versions 10 and 10RC2).

And it was/is re/installed on the same machine like my XP11. (Even if I’m working on different computers, like currently in my office, and like everybody does, XP11, e-commerce, and RXP-GTN exclusively target my one and only private machine.)

Now the money. The Thanksgiving code was entered during the Version 9-purchase, previously downloaded from your side as a single file within a zip. During my both re-installs I was never forced to enter that code again.

Your final recommendation is to reinstall again, using a “key-file” and a “license password” …

I have a Thanksgiving code, I have Flight1-password – and now you demand a key-file and a license password. You will understand that this can be confusing: Please explain in more detail – and I’ll be happy to do as demanded to get the product running and my 15USD back!

15 minutes ago, Babbo said:

Thanksgiving code

There is certainly confusion in the various items so let me try to recap to make sure we are talking about the same things:

1) e-commerce installer: a red icon executable which offers to purchase the product directly on your computer. It shows the product price, as a 'coupon' button to browse the drive to a coupon file, asks for CC related info (name, address, # etc...) and has a purchase button to proceed.

2) once authenticated/approved, it unwraps the RXP software installer to C:\RealityXP and offers to run it automatically. The RXP installer is the one which installs the actual plugin and files.

3) e-commerce installer also has a 'reinstall' button. If selected, you must browse to the .key file and enter the key password. NB: once authenticated/approved, the e-commerce installer also saves a .lic file to C:\RealityXP, and you'll receive an email with confirmation. You shall also get a key file + a key password (or you can request it online).

The .lic file is the per-computer license authentification which 'unlocks' the plugin. Should you move the plugin on another computer, it will be locked again unless you re-authenticate (re-install) or migrate the license. There is a migration tool designed for this too as explained in the e-commerce inline help.

Q: So one step at a time. Is the above familiar to your purchase experience?

Also, there is no thanksgiving code for the Reality XP product. As a matter of fact, there isn't even the notion of a 'discount code' in the e-commerce installer as far as I know, or if there is, we are not offering any code whatsoever.

We're offering coupon instead. It is the 'Download 30% Thanksgiving Coupon' button, right below the 'Download E-Commerce Installer' button.

Our website also mentions right below the product boxes:

* We're running a special Thanksgiving / Black Friday sale with 30% discount on all editions of Reality XP GTN Touch: after downloading the e-commerce installer, select the 'Coupon' button on the payment screen and use the 'cpn' file located within the zip using the download link above. If you have used the coupon correctly, the price will automatically adjust before you click the purchase button.

If the price during purchase did show $49.95, this is what you've been charged. If the price during purchase would have shown $34.97 (or close enough), this is what you'd been charged instead.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

I could cry. Seriously.

Allow to exclusively focus on your first sentence "? There is no thanksgiving code for the Reality XP product."

Your page does speak of a Thanksgiving Sale (even today!) and there is a download button in white for the e-commerce-ionstaller and a Thanksgiving Coupon button in blue. And I used them ...

Both buttons work right now, you may check it here!

1 hour ago, Babbo said:

I have a Thanksgiving code, [...] The Thanksgiving code was entered during the Version 9-purchase

1 hour ago, Babbo said:

Your page does speak of a Thanksgiving Sale (even today!) and there is a download button in white for the e-commerce-installer and a Thanksgiving Coupon button in blue.

Which code have you been entering during purchase then, since there is only a coupon, which is not 'entered' (as in typed-in with the keyboard) but browsed-to (as in select-a-file-on-the-computer)?

HI Jean-Luc,

Don't know if you are aware but not everyone needs to browse to the .key file to authenticate or reinstall. If one has a Flight1 account we just insert the login data and don't need to browse to the .key file. That was my case and is probably his case too.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Hi Alvega, thank you for the additional help!

I'm assuming the worth case (i.e. most must be done manually) just in case, otherwise you are right, with login information this makes it simpler to reinstall etc... This shouldn't change the general principles of reinstallation and machine-binding licensing though (if that is the nature of the problem).

@Babbo can you please PM me your purchase order # for me to cross check?

Maybe some additional information helps:

Thank you Alvega for joining! Even if I don't understand your technical conversation with RXP, I have the feeling, we're are on track somehow ... Your comment together with RXP's above note made me seek respective files: Here's what I have found:

c:\Users\***\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Windows\RXP-GTN750-X9.lic 

and from rxpGTN-750-XPL.exe (for Ver.10RC2, not previously for Ver.9 and first Ver.10!) I received:

<firstname>_<lastname>-rexprxp-gtn750-x9.key

Proof_of_Purchase_RXP-GTN750-X9.htm

RXP-GTN750-X9.lic (again ...)

rxpGTN-XPL-Setup.exe

And, right in the beginning, from the Thanksgiving-button I downloaded rxp-thanksgiving-2017.zip, containing an rxp-thg-2017.cpn I’m not sure (beat me) but I do believe that one was somehow recognized during the installation process, when simply clicking on it, ... there was some type of "fine, success!")

Also: I never fiddled around with a key- or lic-file, I didn’t even know that they exist.

Edited by Babbo
Edit: simply clicking on it or was it a ^C ...

Great! Now that you know about 'key', you have to reinstall with the e-commerce installer and your purchase key/password (or like Alvega said, use your login info instead).

I think, I succeded with re-activation at flight1 (because I have exceeded my activation limit): some clicks, then the email with the completion-link and flight1 means Key Reactivated!

What probably follows now, is the e-commerce-installer, i.e. rxpGTN-750-XPL.exe, ... but which one? That one for my original purchase (Ver.9) or is it one of the re-install-trials (Ver.10 or Ver.10RC2)? They're all different (stored on my hdd) ... or is it needed to re-start at the RXP-web-page?

Like I've written above, the ecommerce installer serves the purpose of putchasing and authenticating your license, any RXP GTN ecommerce installer will therefore work for this purpose. However, only the latest 2.4.10RC2 includes the latest RXP software.

So I took rxpGTN-750-XPL.exe for Ver.10RC2.

Guess what?

Failure.

--

rxpGTN.xpl.log:

17/11/29 20:22:05.580 12104 -    ] # win.xpl version 2.4.10.0
17/11/29 20:22:05.580 12104 INFO ]

rxpGtnSim.dll.log:

17/11/29 20:22:08.712 12104 -    ] # rxpGtnSim64.dll version 2.4.10.0
17/11/29 20:22:08.711 12104 INFO ]
17/11/29 20:22:28.881 01680 INFO ]
17/11/29 20:22:29.290 02832 INFO ]
17/11/29 20:25:31.643 02332 INFO ]