Sign in to follow this  
StewCal

Can not Access Scenery.cfg

I've been reinstalling sceneries after reinstalling Prepar3d 4.1 and I'm getting a dialog box at startup that says "Scenery.cfg File Error.  Could not find scenery...All of Flightbeam airports in this case.  I've searched around and I think I need to edit my Scenery.cfg file.  I know where it is but I can not access it.  Says windows can not find file when I try to open it.  I've unhidden the file but still can't open it.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Steve G.

Steve Giblin

31 minutes ago, StewCal said:

I've been reinstalling sceneries after reinstalling Prepar3d 4.1 and I'm getting a dialog box at startup that says "Scenery.cfg File Error.  Could not find scenery...All of Flightbeam airports in this case.  I've searched around and I think I need to edit my Scenery.cfg file.  I know where it is but I can not access it.  Says windows can not find file when I try to open it.  I've unhidden the file but still can't open it.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Steve G.

Steve you need to access this file as the system administrator, I recommend you use Notepad ++ (https://notepad-plus-plus.org/) in order to avoid corrupting the .cfg file, when you launch Notepad ++ be sure to "Run it as Administrator"

Regards,
Simbol

You're the best!  Did as you said and it worked!

Thanks again!

STeve

• Upvote 1

Steve Giblin

22 hours ago, StewCal said:

You're the best!  Did as you said and it worked!

Thanks again!

STeve

You are welcome! have a superb day, very happy to help you out.

Simbol 

1zzva8.jpg

This is the message I've been getting.  The following is what shows in my scenery.cfg:

[Flightbeam - KDEN scenery]
Active=FALSE

[Flightbeam - KMSP scenery]
Active=FALSE

[Flightbeam - KSFOHD scenery]
Active=FALSE

[San Diego_KSAN]
Active=FALSE

[San Juan_TJSJ]
Active=FALSE

Not sure where to go from here....

STeve

Steve Giblin

3 minutes ago, StewCal said:

1zzva8.jpg

This is the message I've been getting.  The following is what shows in my scenery.cfg:

[Flightbeam - KDEN scenery]
Active=FALSE

[Flightbeam - KMSP scenery]
Active=FALSE

[Flightbeam - KSFOHD scenery]
Active=FALSE

[San Diego_KSAN]
Active=FALSE

[San Juan_TJSJ]
Active=FALSE

Not sure where to go from here....

STeve

Ok you are missing these add-on's directories, the best would be to tell PD3 to unload these areas by pressing yes.

Try reinstalling these add-on's, it will repair the missing directories and files.

Best Regards 

Simbol 

Wow, that was easy.  Feel kindof dumb.  It worked.  I think what the issue was is that because I did not uninstall them correctly using the new FlightBeam manager the first time, uninstalling a second time and then reinstalling fixed my previous error.  Thanks for the help.  I really appreciate it!

Steve

Steve Giblin

11 minutes ago, StewCal said:

Wow, that was easy.  Feel kindof dumb.  It worked.  I think what the issue was is that because I did not uninstall them correctly using the new FlightBeam manager the first time, uninstalling a second time and then reinstalling fixed my previous error.  Thanks for the help.  I really appreciate it!

Steve

No worries a pleasure.

Simbol