Sign in to follow this  
Nighthwk

Flightbeam KSFO v2 landing problem

Whenever I try and land on the 28s at SFO, the plane seems to hit an invisible mesh of some sort and instantly is on the ground, like when you hit the seawall. I'm well above it, and have 2 whites and 2 reds on the PAPISs, any idea what is causing this?

Disregard, found the solution. Turned the terrain LOD up to max from ultra.

I literally just had the same problem and was about to post! Thanks so much for saving me the trouble. :)

James

• Upvote 1

My issue is I️ can only land on 28L when doing an ils.  The ILS on 28R takes me right of the taxiway. 

• Upvote 1

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

I’ve also hear another solution is to decrease the mesh setting to 18m, but 10 or 5 seems to work for some.

4 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

My issue is I️ can only land on 28L when doing an ils.  The ILS on 28R takes me right of the taxiway. 

Do you have any other SFO afcad installed? If so, remove it. Also, if that doesn’t solve it, try reinstalling the scenery.

37 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

Do you have any other SFO afcad installed? If so, remove it. Also, if that doesn’t solve it, try reinstalling the scenery.

No afcad.  I️ will do a reinstall 

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

I spoke too soon. My terrain LOD was already ultra. Lowering the mesh resolution from max (1m) to 5m did the trick, though.

James

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, honanhal said:

I spoke too soon. My terrain LOD was already ultra. Lowering the mesh resolution from max (1m) to 5m did the trick, though.

James

Good to hear it got fixed!

1 hour ago, Zimmerbz said:

Yeah. Me too. Being the Cat III approach, it's a bit inconvenient.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

22 minutes ago, RichieFly said:

Yeah. Me too. Being the Cat III approach, it's a bit inconvenient.

Have you tried any of the proposed solutions above?

1 hour ago, Zimmerbz said:

Are you flying an Air Canada Airbus by chance?:tongue:

• Upvote 3

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

5 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Are you flying an Air Canada Airbus by chance?:tongue:

Probably not, because one actually landed on the runway, albeit without permission:laugh:

Make sure you go through the troubleshooting section in the Flightbeam manager, there are a number of files (ORBX related I think from memory) which need to be deactivated.  Not sure if this will fix your exact issue but it's worth doing anything to reduce any conflicts.

Thomas Derbyshire

8 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

Make sure you go through the troubleshooting section in the Flightbeam manager, there are a number of files (ORBX related I think from memory) which need to be deactivated.  Not sure if this will fix your exact issue but it's worth doing anything to reduce any conflicts.

I only saw one and that as a vector file. Did nothing to help, I recall.