Sign in to follow this  
Skybus2000

How can I stop an AI Traffic from landing at a certain Airport

Hi

I am hoping to see if I could have some help regarding WOAI traffic FSX, I have posted on their forum but the site is not as active anymore, so I will paste it below.

I am using FSX SP2 and the Emirates package I downloaded from the WOAI through AVSIM today, all other AI package are working just fine, the only issue is with Emirates.

I wanted to modify the flight Plan so that no Emirates  flights fly into EGCC and EGKK because I operate into those Airports using PMDG 777 and it wouldn’t be realistic to have two of the same their.

I replaced after using TTools to decompile Emirates package via notepad both EGCC and EGKK with EGPF and EGNT so that all flights destined for EGKK and EGCC would not land at those airports and instead arrive at EGPF and EGNT.

I checked the FSX scenery world to ensure no duplicate after compiling ( admin user) and when I run FSX I choose VRMM airport and see 3 Emirates B777 parked there without moving the entire day, this also applies at VCBI where there seems to be two B777 Emirates when there should only be one.

Some AI Emirates traffic at OMDB seems to stay static at the gate with only the odd ones moving the entire day.  I have tried varying different days and time but no effect.

I then uninstalled Emirates via the WOAI installer, I then re installed and all working good, the only problem is that all I want to do is prevent the Emirates AI traffic from using certain airports such as EGCC and EGKK, I have managed to do this in the past without any problem just using TTools to decompile/compile, just cannot remember if I did something specifically.

Appreciate any advice and thank you all in advance

Regards

Only advice I can give is if you're using FSX, then you should AIFP to modify your traffic files.  Much simpler and works on FSX traffic files.

It will also convert the WOAI FS9 format traffic files into FSX format.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

You could always try Captain Sim's Weapon for FSX and shoot them down. :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Airernie

Thanks - the Emirates WOAI traffic is both the FS9 and FSX version, do I still need to convert it?

I wouldn’t want to shoot them down 🙈

9 hours ago, Chock said:

You could always try Captain Sim's Weapon for FSX and shoot them down. :biggrin:

:laugh:  Yes, that would work and you could also set your house on fire in order to kill the fly that was buzzing around in the kitchen. :laugh::laugh:

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

6 hours ago, Skybus2000 said:

Thanks - the Emirates WOAI traffic is both the FS9 and FSX version, do I still need to convert it?

If it comes with a FSX version of the traffic file then you don't need to convert it. 

AIFP was recommended when I started playing with traffic files, so I've never attempted to use TT.  Also, it's great for finding and converting FS9 traffic to FSX.

Ernest Pergrem

Thanks, is there a way to specifically exclude those airports using the planner? Do I modify the traffic files or flight Plan, when I compile I do not notice any effect.

many thanks 

If I remember correctly, the Traffic Toolbox from the FSX SDK allows deleting specific AI aircraft. So if you're in the sim, you can simply delete the "duplicate" AI flight from the toolbox.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

1 hour ago, Skybus2000 said:

Thanks, is there a way to specifically exclude those airports using the planner?

I'm not sure, but you can click on an airport, right mouse click, select 'Show flights plans using' that will result in all of the flights being highlighted for that airport.

You can then right click on one of the highlighted airports and click delete, that will prompt you to delete all highlighted airports.

The airport will remain in the list, but the flights will be gone.. so no traffic..

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Many thanks - the only problem is when I compile the traffic they no longer appear in FSX ie, the whole Emirates traffic file is gone but the other AI traffic are there as normal.

thanks

20 hours ago, Skybus2000 said:

14 hours ago, airernie said:

If it comes with a FSX version of the traffic file then you don't need to convert it. 

Some clarification on the WOAI FS9 and FSX packages.

As far as I know, from the last time I downloaded a WOAI pack that was labeled as for FSX, it still includes FS9 format traffic files. The only difference between the FS9 and FSX WOAI files is that the FSX versions come with larger HD textures but are still FS9 models and FS9 traffic files.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Many thanks, you are indeed correct the WOAI may label something is FSX (a bit misleading) but as you rightly state it is FS9, following the great advice given I have converted ALL my traffic files from FS9 to FSX using the planner and I am please to report all my traffic have reappeared in FSX.

many thanks again and it’s this time of year to wish everyone a happy Christmas and New Year.