Sign in to follow this  
Hopkinsstevea

Cessna 172 Window Reflections a little much

2 hours ago, Hopkinsstevea said:

Maybe its just me does anyone else have problems with laminar's Cessna window reflections it, in my opinion, is a little too much. 

I love the new reflections, dirt, scratches, etc.... It reminds me of the 172 I rent in real life.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

I like the new windscreen treatment too; really helps the immersion factor. 

It really bugs me when developers go to so much trouble replicating every fine detail of a plane down to the last rivet and then don't bother to put in anything that looks like glass in the windows.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Same with the cub, particularly the yellowish reflections when you're flying a non-yellow repaint.  

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

I sent a bug report about this today.  Not so much about the windshield as the side windows continuing to show the reflections of taxi lights until about 3000 feet.  That and the seats reflect in the windshield even with all lights turned down and completely dark in the cockpit.  Reflections? Yes, but, if used, they need some refinement or a choice of amounts.

John

• Upvote 1

John Wingold

12 hours ago, Old_As_Dirt said:

I sent a bug report about this today.  Not so much about the windshield as the side windows continuing to show the reflections of taxi lights until about 3000 feet.  That and the seats reflect in the windshield even with all lights turned down and completely dark in the cockpit.  Reflections? Yes, but, if used, they need some refinement or a choice of amounts.

John

You probably have reflections set to the lowest settings in the rendering options. In that setting the reflection content is updated very rarely. Increase the reflections setting one notch to get dynamic reflections whose content updates (almost) in real time.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, manuthie said:

Increase the reflections setting one notch

Thanks...   I'll try that.

John

EDIT -  You are right!  That is the answer.  Now... How do I get those 10 FRs back?  Just kidding.  It did drop but fortunately, I've got plenty to play with.  I'm down to about 30/32  at 1000 feet over downtown New York City.

John Wingold

The reflections are near perfect in VR, it really gives the sense of a rounded windshield when in VR.

3 hours ago, wb5okj said:

The reflections are near perfect in VR, it really gives the sense of a rounded windshield when in VR.

Agree. Also if you watch the first emergency landing in the Cessna in this RL video, the reflections are reminiscent of XP I thought.

https://youtu.be/nldzd60YlFU

cheers

Peter

1 hour ago, CaptCWGAllen said:

the reflections are reminiscent of XP

Yes, and now that manuthie has given me the hint, that IS what it looks like!

John

John Wingold