Sign in to follow this  
PlainandSimplePaints

Tail Vaine Placement?

9 hours ago, PlainandSimplePaints said:

I've been working on multiple liveries and have noticed the placement of these (idk the proper name) may be off just a little off. Seems they need to be moved towards the tail to almost be align with the tail.

If you believe you've found something that we, as a company, need to look at, the proper channel is the support portal (linked in my signature). This is the community support forum, where users help each other. Unless you're looking for all of them to scratch their chins and say "you're right!" with no further action, this is the place. If you're looking for a change, the official avenue is the place to go.

Ideally, submit MUCH better evidence than what you've got here. These pics are pretty awful when it comes to illustrating your point (i.e. I'm not seeing what you're getting at).

Kyle Rodgers

Looks like the vortex generators are slightly forward in the simulation photo compared to the aircraft photo; however, given that there are radically different viewing angles and different zoom levels, I agree there is nothing to be gleaned from them.  Some Boeing engineering drawings would be helpful......, oh wait!  PMDG had access to Boeing engineering data when they developed the NGX!!

Dan Downs KCRP

52 minutes ago, downscc said:

Looks like the vortex generators are slightly forward in the simulation photo compared to the aircraft photo; however, given that there are radically different viewing angles and different zoom levels, I agree there is nothing to be gleaned from them.  Some Boeing engineering drawings would be helpful......, oh wait!  PMDG had access to Boeing engineering data when they developed the NGX!!

I'm always open to the idea that we got something wrong. I just need something clear to bring to the team. Wouldn't be the first time we had to go back and move stuff around.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers