Sign in to follow this  
paj

How: GTN 750 in default P3Dv4 GA planes?

Hi,

New user here of the GTN 750. I mainly fly tubeliners but with the sale I couldn't resist the chance to buy the 750 with the intention of learning to use it in the GA aircraft supplied with P3Dv4.

I've managed to get it to appear 2D in a popup window replacing the default GPS... but I haven't worked out how to get it to appear on the main panel in the 3D virtual cockpits. I've seen threads about installing the GTN into payware aircraft from A2A etc but has anyone installed it into the default GA aircraft?

Thanks,
Peter Jones.

Hi Folks,

RXP doesn't have the ability to modify source 3D model files of an aircraft - so there's no way to include it in a VC that doesn't already have a model of the unit or the developer flattens out some region in their panel like the MilViz's "Radio Free" option to support any 2D gauge install... So if there is no spot already containing an applicable 3D model - then you probably need to resort to popups...

That said - I saw someone converted the default Bonanza somewhere - probably listed here in the RXP forums... I had tried it myself with the RXP installer and it corrupted the model as some of the plane disappeared - think that's part of Carenado's security mechanism - as I've seen that before...

On most of the Carenado/Alabeo payware planes - they supported the old RXP gauges - so if you run the batch that they include for RXP (installs appropriate 3D model) - RXP's slick new installer can install the gauges on these planes in a matter of seconds...

Regards,
Scott  

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

11 hours ago, paj said:

Hi,

New user here of the GTN 750. I mainly fly tubeliners but with the sale I couldn't resist the chance to buy the 750 with the intention of learning to use it in the GA aircraft supplied with P3Dv4.

I've managed to get it to appear 2D in a popup window replacing the default GPS... but I haven't worked out how to get it to appear on the main panel in the 3D virtual cockpits. I've seen threads about installing the GTN into payware aircraft from A2A etc but has anyone installed it into the default GA aircraft?

Thanks,
Peter Jones.

As Scott said, very few airplanes offer the necessary space in the panel for the GTN750 to fit into..

You are better off buying an Alabeo Seminole which offers a GTN750 option.

One exception in my hangar, is the Lionheart Kodiak which operates surprisingly well with a GTN 750 :cool:

Bert

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

Lionheart Kodiak which operates surprisingly well with a GTN 750

Will have to try that out.

18 minutes ago, bills511 said:

Will have to try that out.

Send me a PM with your email address if you would like the Kodiak integration panel..

Bert

This isn't exactly an answer to the OP.  But since the RXP is still pretty new, what you need to do is use an addon that supports the F1 GTN 750 (or 650).  Then you can use the existing bezel (the 3d model in the VC), for use with RXP.  Also we've got a gauge coming soon that will make all the clickspots work for the 750/650 and a combo of either or both.

• Upvote 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |