Sign in to follow this  
nippa

Kaspersky Internet security doesn't like Caranado/Alabeo

If you use Kaspersky Security Software and store the original download files on your hard drive this might affect you........

This morning Kaspersky deleted six of them claiming that a Trojan was present ;  almost certainly a false positive caused by the latest update..

I retrieved all the files from the Quarantine.

I use AVG and there is an "exception" function--I have placed my main Flight Simulator folder within that exception--(use the drive path of that folder) so AVG does not scan that folder

AVG does not like my Flight1 GTN 750 and 650 for the same reason you noted--It once deleted a key element needed for the GTN's to function. Kaspersky may have a similar function.

7 hours ago, Psybear said:

And dump Kaspersky. It's Russian and overly aggressive. :dry:

C

Plus 1

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

I've bought Kaspersky thinking it wasn't too aggresive, but now I discover that a lot of files had warnings from the AV and found so far no way to declare them safe. I'm starting to get bored and sick with it.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Hi Folks,

Given: You're using an up to date version of Win10

I was under the impression that Windows 10 security has improved and that Windows Defender alone is now good enough - making third party anti-virus software moot...

This was posed to MS and just reiterates my understanding:

Question:

Does Windows 10 need to install third parity antivirus program or the built-in Windows Defender is just enough?

Answer:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

If you have Windows 10, you don't need any other third party anti-virus program, because you already have Windows Defender, which provides the same level of protection. If you have Windows 10, you can't get Microsoft Security Essentials. But you don't need it, because you already have Windows Defender, which provides the same level of protection.

Windows Defender is included with Windows and helps protect your PC against malware (malicious software). Malware consists of viruses, spyware, and other potentially unwanted software. Malware can infect your PC without your knowledge: it might install itself from an email message, when you connect to the Internet, or when you install certain apps using a USB flash drive, CD, DVD, or other removable media. Some malware can also be programmed to run at unexpected times, not only when it's installed.

Windows Defender helps keep malware from infecting your PC in two ways:

Providing real-time protection. Windows Defender notifies you and blocks malware that tries to install itself or run on your PC. It also notifies you when apps try to change important settings.

Providing anytime scanning options. Windows Defender automatically scans your PC for installed malware on a regular basis, but you can also start a scan whenever you want. Windows Defender automatically quarantines or removes anything that's detected during a scan. For more info about how to scan your PC using Windows Defender, see How do I find and remove a virus? How do I find and remove a virus?

Please refer to the link below for more information.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/using-defender#1TC=windows-8

(Also applicable for Windows 10)

In future, if you have any issues related to Windows, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

It would be interesting to read an independent or "third party" comparison review on this topic--Windows Defender vs Kaspersky (or Norton or AVG or the so-called top five selling AV programs).Not sure if such a review exists or not.

Every addons interfacted other exe or datas are viewed by antivirus as suspects... Because, this the way used by real virus....

Guess that's why some vendors like Milviz and I believe Flight1 require AV & or Windows Defender to be turned off prior to downloading or installing. Always made me somewhat nervous doing that--its like going out into potential enemy territory with my protective shields down.

12 hours ago, nippa said:

This morning Kaspersky deleted six of them claiming that a Trojan was present

I would HIGHLY recommend you do some research on Kaspersky.  Long before it got political and long before it got banned from usage by US government, I had tested it out on one of my PCs with my own port monitoring and usage monitoring and file monitoring tools and it was communicating with several "unregulated" IPs.  But when Kaspersky started to make bogus quarantine/delete recommendations about long standing valid OS files (some were related to hosting IIS locally) that I knew were clean and valid, I became even more dubious about the validity of Kaspersky.  At the time, I had open two support tickets sighting specific examples and asking for clarification and got no response.

Kaspersky being "Russian" wasn't my concern, I've got plenty of "Russian" software that is legit and works very well and I'm NOT about to paint a wide brush just from one  company that happens to be Russian (based in Moscow) and tied to the FSB/KGB. 

There is a list of positives from Kaspersky and also a list of negatives so I suggest you do some research and decide for yourself.  I'm cautious with any software that I install on my PC and typically avoid anti-virus software and let Windows Defender and Chrome provide security ... the only other software in this class I've used is MalwareBytes.

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: I've never contracted a single computer virus in the 37 years of working on PCs.

I can add that  my personal recent experience with  Eset Anti Virus program has caused trouble with MCE. Without placing the .exe files in the exclusion folder, things were being blocked. 

As anti virus software gets "upgraded", seemingly it starts "attacking" files that were previously left alone!

If I encounter a problem, the first place I look is the AV program.:huh:

I've used Kaspersky from  time to time since it was first introduced and it's always been one of the best in independent AV tests .

For extra security I run it with Malwarebytes Premium as it's is designed to run alongside other security software.

Anyway , Kaspersky repeated the deletions this evening so I've had to create exceptions which can be found by selecting "settings" ( little cog symbol bottom left of initial screen )

then "additional" 

then " threats and exclusions"

then add the offending files or folder.