Sign in to follow this  
flyforever

fps comparison for TFDI MD88

I wonder if anyone can share their experience with TFDI's MD88. I have it installed in both FSX and P3dv4 and , surprisingly, I find that in FSX with full graphics and scenery to the right , I get steady 30 fps. In P3dv4 I cannot get past 14 fps.

I don't have any addons and use default scenery in both sims. My system is an i5-2500k @4.6 and a gtx 1060.

tony

You are aware about the fact that for example the autogen drawing distance is greatly increased in P3Dv4.x? If you want to compare FPS, you need to have autogen drawing distance and on medium within P3Dv4.x, this would then be the same as in FSX. Furthermore, in P3Dv4.x, the dynamic vegetation is on by default, this has to be off to compare to FSX. Also, other settings might be higher by default in P3D, make sure that you have dynamic lightning off. Otherwise, the FPS comparison is invalid...

• Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

41 minutes ago, flyforever said:

TFDI's MD88

B717, significantly different than the 88.

• Upvote 4

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

45 minutes ago, AnkH said:

You are aware about the fact that for example the autogen drawing distance is greatly increased in P3Dv4.x? If you want to compare FPS, you need to have autogen drawing distance and on medium within P3Dv4.x, this would then be the same as in FSX. Furthermore, in P3Dv4.x, the dynamic vegetation is on by default, this has to be off to compare to FSX. Also, other settings might be higher by default in P3D, make sure that you have dynamic lightning off. Otherwise, the FPS comparison is invalid...

I will try these new settings and report.

1 hour ago, flyforever said:

Sorry, I meant the B717.

tony

No sweat.  We're currently working with Leonardo on the Maddog X MD-82 for P3DV4 (will also be re-released for FSX, FSX:SE and P3DV3).  It's common enough with an MD-88 except for a few system differences.  Like the B717, the MD-82 is Shared Cockpit capable!

Anyway, nice to round out the DC-9/MD-80 family for P3DV4!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

2 hours ago, flyforever said:

I get steady 30 fps. In P3dv4 I cannot get past 14 fps.

Bring up the TDFi B717 configuration panel, make sure you have the latest version, then make sure you have GPU acceleration turned OFF (unchecked).

As other's have suggested, max settings in P3D V4 provides considerable MORE visual elements than max settings in FSX.  P3D V4.x "normal" is about equal to FSX max ... assuming you do have all the other non-FSX items turned off in P3D V4 (i.e. Dynamic lighting, Dynamic Reflections, Cloud Shadows, etc. etc.)

Cheers, Rob.

1 hour ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Bring up the TDFi B717 configuration panel, make sure you have the latest version, then make sure you have GPU acceleration turned OFF (unchecked).

Rob do you mean "Allow hardware rendering" to OFF?

I thought that would be a must ON in v4? 

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

50 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Rob do you mean "Allow hardware rendering" to OFF?

I thought that would be a must ON in v4? 

Yes (unchecked).

No on my setup, it will cause all kinds of strange FPS issues so it's turned OFF (unchecked).

Cheers, Rob.

1 hour ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Yes (unchecked).

No on my setup, it will cause all kinds of strange FPS issues so it's turned OFF (unchecked).

Cheers, Rob.

Ok Thanks Rob.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip