Sign in to follow this  
colz99

Affinity Mask P3Dv4

Hey, since yesterday I set Affinity Mask to 84 in the Prepar3D.cfg.. And now I am experiencing some issues with Chaseplane, for example after like 10min. it starts to stutter and I need to restart it.I have read that there are some problems with ChasePlane and Affinity Mask, when autostart is enabled, is that problem still current? Or can I resolve this issue without manually starting ChasePlane?

Just now, colz99 said:

I have read that there are some problems with ChasePlane and Affinity Mask

Where did you read that?

Auto-Start does not affect Affinity Mask and I really don't know how it could affect it...

Are you running ChasePlane 0.3 or 0.4?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Ok, not really problems.. v 0.3.70 Beta, my thoughts that it'd be because of the beta. But the problems only occured since yesterday since I changed/edited the affinity mask setting, and after restarting chaseplane they were gone..

Try enabling Experimental Versions from the Preferences, we improved the performance and fixed a lot of issues in that build.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hello Keven, I still have this problem. This time it occured when I was starting to taxi to the take off runway. About 25mins into the sim session I'd say. I've only noticed this happening since I applied the affinity mask entry/tweak. It's not caused by bad fps, as it is not just generally stuttering, but as I'd pause the sim a 100 times per second. Looking around is working fluently then stops and immediately goes fluid again, but this happens quite fast which makes chaseplane unuseable while it is happening. I then proceed to shutdown ChasePlane and after restarting it works flawlessly till the end of the flight. I can just assume that it has to do something with the AffinityMask tweak.

I'm also using the latest version (Experimental).

Cheers