Sign in to follow this  
RXP

RXP GTN 750/650 Touch FltSim v2.4.10RC2 (UPDATE)

Hi,

I'm pleased to announce v2.4.10 RC2 Candidate is now available!

Please make sure to post your feedback for this version in this thread only. Once we get enough feedback, this will become an official release through "Check Updates..."

This update includes:

• IDENT mode: it overrides the NAV1/2 audio panel while active, while still permitting to change NAV1/2 audio selection in the GTN. It also work with GTN+GNS V2 on the same panel!
  • Fixes Avionics bus / battery bus problem introduced in the last update.
  • Fixes Various issues with the "Use Simulator GPS Commands" settings.
  • Fixes Transponder switching to 1200 during takeoff.
  • Added support for popleft= working with the SHIFT key (left click = touchscreen, SHIFT+left click = popleft)
  • Further fixes the GTN trainer process stuck in boot, aka 'black screen'.
  • Further Stability and Performance enhancements.

Fixes since RC1:

• Added Piper PA-28 Arrow III Checklists in the sample pack (credit Bourrinopathe).
  • Fixes Flight Plan import.
  • Fixes Database Selection not working in RC1 (Americas/Worldwide).
  • Further fixes the GTN trainer process stuck during boot, aka 'black screen'.

Download link for both e-commerce installers

Edited by RXP
missing items in the list
  • Upvote 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Well I'm back (Jean Luc cringes lol)  No luck with the new install.  I updated my graphics drivers and did not help.  One thing I noticed tonight, in the launcher the GDU1060 has a little cog icon for settings and a little trash can icon.  The GTN750 only has the trash can icon, no settings options.  Can someone take a look at their launcher and see if that is the same on theirs?

Thanks,

LouP

Does anyone know what this means :Missing data router resource. An issue may have occurred during product installation or update. Reinstallation may be required."  either my Windows 10 is just stripping out the same file over and over again even though I turned all security off or there is a bad item in the registry.  This is really starting to urk me.

LouP

This sounds like there is an old temp file on your drive.

Can you go to "C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Temp\" and cleanup this folder?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

OK that didn't work either.  Am I the only one left having this problem?

LouP

Hi LouP, I've been looking at this and this message ("missing data router resource") is because the launcher fails to find the following file: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\Trainers\Launcher\roar.exe"

NB: you don't need this for the RXP GTN though, only because you are trying to run the GTN trainer standalone in your process of validating the trainer is properly installed and running first.

OK, this is nuts.  (not you Jean Luc lol).  I had my Avast in silent mode with the shields turned off and yet I checked the virus chest tonight and there were about 5 files in there that had to do with the Garmin Trainer (who's PC is this anyway).  I uninstalled Avast from the PC, uninstall the trainer, reinstall the trainer and I am confident that it's going to work now.... nope still black screen.  I uninstalled Malwarebytes, add exclusions to windows defender, still no go.  I uninstall the trainer, delete the temp files again, restart the machine, install the rxp gtn 750 again from scratch, still no go.  Any more ideas out there?  Has my machine been permanently inoculated from the Garmin files by the ghost of Avast?  Been a fan of Avast for years but it's not going back on my machine after this.

LouP

Also, the mouse is not active at all on the bezel of the gtn750 outside of p3d

Edited by LouP
addition

Hi LouP,

I'm not sure where you system is at, but certainly I'd be pulling my hairs off.

Do I understand correctly that despite all the changes you've written above, it is still the GTN trainer which is not running standalone by itself? If that is the case, is there any other 'error message' from the trainer?

Unfortunately the GNS Trainer 3.3 powers up with our add-on only, which precludes any standalone test.

Following up here as other thread is closed.  Someone asked about the GNS on my system, that runs flawlessly and I really like it.  Yes Jean-Luc, after all that the trainer still won't run, I am open to suggestions as to what to try next.  I'll dl this latest update and give that a shot.

LouP

Went into registry and deleted everything gtn 750 related, backed up and delete all my files in my package cache folder and re-installed.  Still nothing.

OK, no more worries.  As much as I would like to have this RXP item, I have exhausted all resources and have requested a refund.  Time to move on.  I hope F1 does not give me a hard time because I've been trying to get this thing to work for so long.  We can all get back to simming now ;-)

LouP

This is unfortunate the GTN trainer didn't install/run on your system. It is the only case we've heard of, which leads to think there is something on your system which prevents this. I was about to suggest you contact Garmin's support for the trainer installation in itself though.