Sign in to follow this  
SebastianStorb

Reality XP V2 causes CTD on shutdown or flight accident (closed)

New CTD event solved!

CODE: SELECT ALL

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: Prepar3D.exe, Version: 4.1.7.22841, Zeitstempel: 0x59d67e95 Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: panels.dll, Version: 4.1.7.22841, Zeitstempel: 0x59d67e09 Ausnahmecode: 0xc000041d Fehleroffset: 0x00000000000627da ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x3e8 Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d368858aa72475 Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\P3D\Prepar3D.exe Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\P3D\panels.dll Berichtskennung: 5b92a54f-1647-46c6-adae-8dc175f529ec Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets: Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: Prepar3D.exe, Version: 4.1.7.22841, Zeitstempel: 0x59d67e95 Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: panels.dll, Version: 4.1.7.22841, Zeitstempel: 0x59d67e09 Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005 Fehleroffset: 0x00000000000627da ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x3e8 Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d368858aa72475 Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\P3D\Prepar3D.exe Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\P3D\panels.dll Berichtskennung: e7105848-7bcd-4a06-b379-c03c08dfbab5 Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets: Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:

Anwendung: Prepar3D.exe Frameworkversion: v4.0.30319 Beschreibung: Der Prozess wurde aufgrund einer unbehandelten Ausnahme beendet. Ausnahmeinformationen: Ausnahmecode c0000005, Ausnahmeadresse 00007FF97C7127DA Stapel:

I was able to find the following error AND solve it:

Panels.dll 

-> Cause: Reality XP is not installed in pop-up mode in the plane, but replaces a GNS430.

When does the error occur?
The error occurs when
-Crash or accident of an airplane
-when reloading or loading a new flight
-when exiting the program

(unsatisfactory) solution
Reset Reallity XP Gauges in your plane first, then install Reality XP in the window popup mode in the plane. (Tested with Saratoga II by Alabeo)

Could you fix it in your next update?

(I am using rxpGNS2-FS v2.3.5)

Hi, thank you for the feedback!

Please note we've released v2.3.6 RC lately which might help to solve this by itself. However, I'm noticing something in your logs:

Prepar3D.exe, Version: 4.1.7.22841
Prepar3D.exe Frameworkversion: v4.0.30319

I guess both numbers should be the same, but I might be wrong. Could this be the root cause of the problem on your system, using a prepar3d.exe which is an older version, with updated modules? Either there was a problem during installation, or is there a reason you are running 4.0.30319 main executable? (if my theory on version numbers is true of course, otherwise there is no point).

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

On Tuesday, November 28, 2017 at 10:37 PM, RXP said:

v2.3.6 RC

I tested this Version but the error still occures

I have the impression that RealityXP makes a mistake, e.g. by improperly implementing it in the .NET Framework. This .NET Framework error obviously occurs whenever an AddOn does not interact with P3Dv4 "cleanly".

However, I'm not an expert. I am willing to give access to my computer to solve this problem.

Hi, since your initial message and my answer, there has been 2.3.6RC2 and yesterday 2.3.7 released. You might want to try this instead but I doubt Reality XP is in error there.

5 hours ago, SebastianStorb said:

On November 28, 2017 at 4:37 PM, RXP said:

5 hours ago, SebastianStorb said:

I have the impression that RealityXP makes a mistake, e.g. by improperly implementing it in the .NET Framework. This .NET Framework error obviously occurs whenever an AddOn does not interact with P3Dv4 "cleanly".

Hopefully, none of Reality XP products ever use .NET.

I suspect there is another add-on doing something which causes an interaction problem of some sort. This remains peculiar the version numbers differ and nowhere in these error messages there is any indication of any Reality XP add-on (.dll) root cause. You might want to review your P3D4.1 installation and the list of add-ons you're using, then disable them all but Reality XP GNS V2, and try on a default aircraft for a starter.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

On Wednesday, December 06, 2017 at 1:00 PM, RXP said:

Hi, since your initial message and my answer, there has been 2.3.6RC2 and yesterday 2.3.7 released

I have tested 2.3.8 in the meantime, but I am sure there is a connection between closing P3D and the panels.dll error (caused by RealityXP)

On Wednesday, December 06, 2017 at 7:51 AM, SebastianStorb said:

As far as I know the Version 4.0 and 4.1.7 are coincidence and do not have be conform.

Hopefully, none of Reality XP products ever use .NET.

RealityXP does not use .NET, but P3Dv4 uses the resources. Generally: Whenever there is a problem with an add-on, it also comes down to the .NET.

I suspect that any ResorceX in RealityXP will not close properly when closing P3Dv4.1, because if RealityXP is not configured or disabled for an aircraft (with otherwise identical settings), the error will not occur.

On December 6, 2017 at 7:00 AM, RXP said:

I suspect there is another add-on doing something which causes an interaction problem of some sort. This remains peculiar the version numbers differ and nowhere in these error messages there is any indication of any Reality XP add-on (.dll) root cause. You might want to review your P3D4.1 installation and the list of add-ons you're using, then disable them all but Reality XP GNS V2, and try on a default aircraft for a starter.

Hi,

The crash could be caused by the simultaneous presence of 2 add ons, each one otherwise working fine alone. It is impossible to infer the cause of the crash by the presence of an add-on only, otherwise, these forums would be literally filled by similar reports from every customers flying P3D4.1 daily.