Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Dusk, clouds and my favorite Bizjet

40 minutes ago, signmanbob said:

Very nice!  Is that beauty Carenado's?

Yes, the C550, B200 and Malibu Mirage are my favorite pressurized Carenado aircraft.  Then follows the Skymaster, the Alabeo 310, and the Alabeo Cardinal, finally followed by the Alabeo Piper Sport and my own ultralight trike.  I prefer the GA line over the heavy jets, simply because you can fly anywhere.  Carenado and Alabeo did something very nice when my old PC failed they still retained all my purchase orders, so I did not have to reinvest hundreds into products I had already purchased.  Their licensing, even if people don't find them perfect, is the way I feel software licensing should be.

John

1 minute ago, Cactus521 said:

Yes, the C550, B200 and Malibu Mirage are my favorite pressurized Carenado aircraft.  Then follows the Skymaster, the Alabeo 310, and the Alabeo Cardinal, finally followed by the Alabeo Piper Sport and my own ultralight trike.  I prefer the GA line over the heavy jets, simply because you can fly anywhere.  Carenado and Alabeo did something very nice when my old PC failed they still retained all my purchase orders, so I did not have to reinvest hundreds into products I had already purchased.  Their licensing, even if people don't find them perfect, is the way I feel software licensing should be.

John

Carenado makes some good steam gauge aircraft and, sometimes, extremely good.  The C337 flight model blew me away.  The Malibu Mirage is a great all around aircraft (wish they allowed the GTN750 in it).  Yeah, they get beat up about their bugs.  The C550 looks fine and, now with the GTN it's probably great.  Tempting.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

You're tempting me with all the Citation shots lately.... :-) I'm also a fan of photoreal at dusk. Really makes you feel a bit closer to reality.

Thanks for sharing.

46 minutes ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

Yeah, they get beat up about their bugs.

Yes they do but them folks are nice. I remember buying their meridian +extension pack.Both products were buggy.I contacted them  and asked  if it'd be possible to swap the meridian for the premier. 

A few hours later they added the premier to my account and they did not deactivate the meridian so I ended up with 2 planes. How about that. Thanks Carenado.

14 minutes ago, MindYerBeak said:

Yes they do but them folks are nice. I remember buying their meridian +extension pack.Both products were buggy.I contacted them  and asked  if it'd be possible to swap the meridian for the premier. 

A few hours later they added the premier to my account and they did not deactivate the meridian so I ended up with 2 planes. How about that. Thanks Carenado.

Yeah, they've done that for me twice.  Meridian...lord, what a sexy plane.  I wish their glass was better.  Perhaps, someday.  I have to at least tip my hat to the fact that they're sticking with it and making (slow) improvements to it.  Not sure if they've given up trying to do it with XML yet, but they should if they haven't. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Very nice shots with some immersion.....Citation family of jets are all great airplanes....got the Eaglesoft Citation X  great long haul 3000nm range!

HLJAMES

On 11/28/2017 at 9:39 PM, Cactus521 said:

John

I like Carenado and I always have.  I probably have almost every aircraft that they have ever made.

I usually fly the larger airliners and right now I'm stuck on the Aerosoft CRJ, but I'll get in the mood to fly GA and I'll stay on it for months.

I have several GA throttle setups that I bought from Precision Flight Controls, so I can change from the Cessna 172 type to the Beechcraft KingAir type pretty quickly.

I'll be back flying my corporate jets pretty soon.  I can feel it. :biggrin: