Yep, that's what I mean with DL.

If I turn on the lights in the VC my FPS are awefull :(

27 minutes ago, swiesma said:

If I turn on the lights in the VC my FPS are awefull :(

I only see that with SSAA. (of course) 

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

14 hours ago, Matthew James de Bohun said:

What really kills the FPS for me is if I switch all the lights on when taking off/landing. Just one set is ok but anything that overlaps just tanks the fps.

Try using MSAA instead of SXAA. Even at 2X it's an FPS killer when Dynamic Lights are used.

J.C.

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien
Microsoft Flight Simulator - i7 7700k 5.0 gHz - EVGA 1080ti FTW3 - G.Skill RipJaws 3200 MHz 32GB

14 hours ago, Ebs said:

I only see that with SSAA. (of course) 

The good old SSAA :-)

No, I run with MSAA and still my FPS compared to the PMDG birds are pretty bad. But nevertheless I really love flying the Bus. But maybe they can enhance the performance according to their thread mentioned above. Let's see.

• Upvote 1

As this is the single most expensive aircraft add on, I can't help wondering why its so badly optimised?

I have just moved from 32 bit P3d into V4 and am looking for a top end heavy. Looks like I will go for the NGX or the T7?

Regards.

"Heavy" -> 777 or 747, both good birds.

But the bus is really a nice addon! I don't regret spending the money. They all have their good / bad sides. I own them all.... and the T7 is still my favourite. Especially the 200LR, because it feels like a sportscar. Big engines and loads of power....

59 minutes ago, charlie130 said:

As this is the single most expensive aircraft add on, I can't help wondering why its so badly optimised?

I have just moved from 32 bit P3d into V4 and am looking for a top end heavy. Looks like I will go for the NGX or the T7?

Regards.

Well David that depends how you want to look at it. At one time people thought it would be impossible to make a true A320 for FSX> . FSL took 7 years to make it and it was made for 32bit. It simulates the aircraft in a way that until now we have not seen. I own the NG and 777 also there 747v3. The FSL 320 is as close to a true level D simulation of an aircraft of that complexity we can get. 

As for your dismissal of it being "badly optimised" I would suggest you watch a lot of blackbox711 on youtube a real life A320 pilot and get a bit more insight on what the FSL A320 bring to us. 

Then bare in mind just as they bought it out for FSX everyone was moving to P3D so then had to made it work with P3D, then they were hit with v4 and 64bit.......so with more than xXXX likely more code than any aircraft we can buy they had to now make it work with 64bit. They even had to work with LM to even make it work, hence 4.1. 

So now it was released within v4 they have now set out on working on performance and have said this about the next build..

"Yes - a lot of work went into this. And we used FRAFS to profile our results, which are now inline with titles from other developers. 

Our testers have reported significant improvements in performance - it is now much more fluid."

To make there A320 run as smooth for everyone as an 8 year old PMDG NG is something to be highly praised. It's a lot of money no more than PMDG's but you get hell of a simulation for your money of an aircraft then sits at the top of the tree.

On a side note: After I goto 4.1 and the Bus it took me 2 weeks to set up my sim but now I run 25 FPS no stutters with perfect texture loading and can do flights from areosofts EGLL to FT EHAM with bad weather and the sim does not bat an eye. I also use shock horror SSAA!

The PMDG NG and 777 are great aircraft, personally I prefer the NG it is a true classic. I prefer the 777 over the new 747, no idea why but I do.

Over the years I normally do a full on guide to setting up the sim with my PC/spec's so hopefully people find useful, but v4 runs so well and with FSL new release version it sounds that it's pointless making one. People should be able to make v4.1 run like dream. Its by far the best sim i've used in 20 years.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

5 hours ago, jacf182 said:

Try using MSAA instead of SXAA. Even at 2X it's an FPS killer when Dynamic Lights are used.

Problem with that is then my scenery goes from some distant shimmers to horrendous.  The distant night lighting especially just looks rubbish!

• Upvote 1

P3D & X-Plane 11 - Videos and streaming @ V Special 1

5 hours ago, charlie130 said:

Regards.

I understand the SP will have lots of optimization in it. I'm holding off buying until that is released. Anyone have any idea when that will be?

Eric 

1 hour ago, Matthew James de Bohun said:

Problem with that is then my scenery goes from some distant shimmers to horrendous.  The distant night lighting especially just looks rubbish!

You must be using Orbx but lights which are rubbish. Went to Black Marble, 10 times better.

• Upvote 1

Eric 

5 minutes ago, B777ER said:

You must be using Orbx but lights which are rubbish. Went to Black Marble, 10 times better.

Are you stating that you are not getting distant shimmers with BM using MSAA?  I find that hard to believe.  

Also,  rubbish is kind of harsh with regards to ORBX lighting as I think it just as comparable for much less cost.  Yes,  I had BM and got a refund because for the money,  it was not worth the upgrade.   

• Upvote 1

On 11/28/2017 at 7:42 PM, Zimmerbz said:

I currently have a pretty high end system and run fslabs pretty well in terms of smoothness and frames. I️ get around 15 FPS in cities like Miami but the sim is flyable and smooth.  However, I️ am always looking to improve things.  I watch streams from chewwy and others that seem to run very high settings into dense areas and get 30 + FPS constantly.  For those running fslabs in high density areas, what sliders are you using to get that sweet spot.?  I️ am afraid that if i move more left i will lose visuals.  Or does that chewwy guy or any of the other streamers that run in high setting post their P3d and graphics settings anywhere?  I would like to compare vs. mine. My system is the Gravity GT2 from jetlinesystems. Thanksz

15 FPS and smooth?? How is that even possible?

• Upvote 2

Matt Wilson

2 hours ago, Tony P said:

Are you stating that you are not getting distant shimmers with BM using MSAA?  I find that hard to believe.  

Also,  rubbish is kind of harsh with regards to ORBX lighting as I think it just as comparable for much less cost.  Yes,  I had BM and got a refund because for the money,  it was not worth the upgrade.   

I use x8MSAA and the distant shimmers on my system (4k TV and a 1080Ti) are negligible.

Eric 

Just now, B777ER said:

I use x8MSAA and the distant shimmers on my system (4k TV and a 1080Ti) are negligible.

Agreed - as is with ORBX.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tony P said:

Agreed - as is with ORBX.  

One thing I hate with both packages is how bright the actual night road texture is. Like ribbons of lava. A bloody full revamp of the night lighting is needed by LM or a developer who can figure out a way to turn down the road way night textures. Even PTA can't eliminate it with it's Urban Night Lighting settings.

• Upvote 2

Eric