Sign in to follow this  
Chuck Prowse

C-47 Beta 3.14 not working in V4

I've seen screenshots of it in use in V4 but it is not working for me. I installed, See both versions plus the Buffalo one I added in my library but no preview. I select it and get an error. Anyone know if there is a fix I am missing or something? My search did not get me anywhere. Thanks. 

Here's how I installed into P3Dv4.1:

Download "Douglas_c-47_beta_v3.1405.zip" from SOH.

Extract it to a temporary folder. 

In the folder named "Douglas_c-47_beta_V3.1405" create a new folder called SimObjects, and in that folder another new folder called Airplanes.  Move the folder named "Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14" (not the top level folder, but the one inside) into the Airplanes folder.  Your file structure should look like this: 

XKNdGgg.jpg

Download the "Fixes package" from SOH.

Extract it in to a temporary folder.

Move the folder "Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14" in the fixes folder to the "Douglas_c-47_beta_V3.1405\SimObjects\Airplanes" folder.  You will be prompted to overwrite several files and select YES to do so.  If you were not prompted to overwrite anything, you made a mistake somewhere along the way here and you should start over.

IF you want the new gear sounds, move the three files from the fixes "Alternate hydraulics sound" folder into "Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.1405\SimObjects\Airplanes\Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14\sound" and overwrite.

Download "Doug Dawson's 64-bit sound gauge" from the first post and follow instructions from third post. (In the folder "Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.1405\SimObjects\Airplanes\Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14\panel" backup the existing "C47_dsd_fsx_xml_sound.gau". Extract the gauge from Doug's zip and rename "dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64.dll" to "C47_dsd_fsx_xml_sound.gau" then move that to "Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.1405\SimObjects\Airplanes\Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14\panel").

I elected to install using P3D's add-on.xml method, so save the text below as "add-on.xml" in the top level "Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14" folder.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
  <AddOn.Name>P3D DOUGLAS C-47R SKYTRAIN V3.14 BETA</AddOn.Name>
  <AddOn.Description>P3D DOUGLAS C-47R SKYTRAIN V3.14 BETA</AddOn.Description>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Effects</Category>
    <Path>Effects</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>SimObjects</Category>
    <Path>SimObjects\Airplanes</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

Move the main "Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14" into your "\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons" folder, and the next time you start P3Dv4.1, you should be prompted to enable the addon "P3D DOUGLAS C-47R SKYTRAIN V3.14 BETA" - select yes and you should be good to go...

o1oshrA.jpg

The only other thing I'll add is that there are a couple of fixes in the official support thread such as fixes to lighting in the paratroop model in post #6 that I'm not sure are in the fixes zip.  If anything isn't working, you may need to pour through that thread to see if there's other zips posted that I'm not aware of.

Please let me know if there's any errors in the above post so I can fix them for others.

THANKS!

sg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Hi Scott,

Thanks - posting to bookmark this for later...

:wink:

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I have

Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14

Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14

Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14

effects

readme

I have the first file then the second which has a third plus effects and readme. I am not sure I follow. The textures file is in the effects file. I am not new to installing aircraft but I'm a little confused here. 

I can't copy the text into a folder in my top folder for this XML thing. I am a little confused having 3 main folders, the whole sim objects tree. Usually my add ons at my level are the aircraft name, effects, textures, cfg ect. 

I will try this but I can't do the xml add on thing. I did everything else. 

I got it throwing it into my simobjects folder the old way. Had to add v.1 to the buffalo cfg model name but all looks good so far. thanks. The DLL 64bit fix was probably all I needed. 

paratroopers issue on V4. they jump but as soon as the chutes open the textures spread out to be horizontal brown lines across the sky. ooops! something is a miss. 

43 minutes ago, Chuck Prowse said:

paratroopers issue on V4. they jump but as soon as the chutes open the textures spread out to be horizontal brown lines across the sky. ooops! something is a miss. 

Maybe it's their first jump.

I have this plane and it is one of my favourites.  By the way, don't forget that you need to get the Doug Dawson 64 bit sound file and install it per instructions into the Panel folder.  It is an integral part of the cockpit sounds, including the voice prompts for the excellent interactive checklist.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

On 30/11/2017 at 10:54 PM, Chuck Prowse said:

Yep, some artefacts I got also...

Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 11:54 PM, Chuck Prowse said:

Have the same problem. This plane is one of my favourites. First plane I flew in (1959) and will never forget those moments.

Regards.

Leon Gerber

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 Core 4.12 Ghz (water cooled)GPU: MSI Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080Ti 12 GBMemory: Corsair 32GB / MB:  Asustek computer, TUF Gaming B550M-PLUS (WI-FI) (AM4) / SSD: Samsung 2GB 2x / HD: Seagate 4 GBPSU: ROG Strix 1000W

Hello,

please use this effects file.

Unzip it, put it into your P3D Effects folder and let it overwrite.

Untitled.jpg

Edited by nolonger

Thanks Nolonger. This effects-file did the trick.

Leon Gerber

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 Core 4.12 Ghz (water cooled)GPU: MSI Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080Ti 12 GBMemory: Corsair 32GB / MB:  Asustek computer, TUF Gaming B550M-PLUS (WI-FI) (AM4) / SSD: Samsung 2GB 2x / HD: Seagate 4 GBPSU: ROG Strix 1000W