Sign in to follow this  
301ad

How do I manage multiple aircraft with same cockpit?

I'm new to ChasePlane, having used Opus for my cameras for years.  I'm very impressed.

My main issue so far is that I can't seem to find any info on how to use the same presets for multiple aircraft.

As an example, my PMDG 737s all have the same cockpit dimensions, and I'd like to use the same On-Board presets across all of them.  If I edit the Captain's view camera in the 738, I'd like it to also change in the 738WL, 739, 739WL, 737, 737WL, and 736.  (This also applies to the 3 different 777s, 7 747s, 2 FSL A320s, etc.)

Outside views are another story due to the different aircraft dimensions, so it would be helpful for the user to be able to set them to apply to all variants, or just the current Sim Aircraft.

So, is there a way (as there is in Opus) to assign cameras to multiple aircraft or single aircraft, at the user's discretion?

The way I am doing it now is to remove the presets from a variant I want to change and then import the presets from the aircraft I have set the way I want.  But doing that, none of the button and key assignments are copied and must be redone.  Just enabling those to copy over would be a big help.  Also, is there a way to select All the On-Board or Outside presets for an aircraft for deletion? I only see how to select and delete single ones.

Thanks,

Alan D

Alan Davies

Hi Alan,

You have 2 options here:

1. Alias the aircraft using the dropdown at the top of the Presets Column. This will use and modify the presets under the name you selected. Sadly, you cannot choose to have certain presets for certain aircraft on an individual basis.
  2. Import your existing presets into each variant of the aircraft

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42