Sign in to follow this  
Willber2521

FSUIPC 5 with PMDG Aircraft

Hi , Im looking at setting up my saitek yoke and throttle with fsuipc and the pmdg aircraft. I have managed to get the axis assignments working however I am struggiling with the button assignments. The buttons I want to assign are some of the lights such as landing , taxi and strobe and I also want the autopilot disconnect button as well. If anyone could link me or tell me step by step how to do this please I would be grateful.

Thanks , Will

You need to go into the FMC settings to locate the key commands, assign key commands to the desired function, then go into FSUIPC and assign the same key command to those buttons. So if for autopilot disconnect, you set it to Z, then when you set the button command in FSUIPC, you'll want to set it to Z.

• Upvote 1

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

11 minutes ago, Willber2521 said:

The buttons I want to assign are some of the lights such as landing , taxi and strobe and I also want the autopilot disconnect button as well.

Set these up to send key commands. Then go into PMDG SETUP > KEY COMMANDS and have these functions listen for those key commands being sent.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

for the Autopilot disc button you can also use the "buttons and switches" tab, tick "Select for FS control" and choose "AP Master" from the drop down menue.. This works for most addons, all PMDG, also FSlabs, Majestic, A2A..

Same for the TOGA button for PMDG airplanes: "Auto Throttle Arm"

2 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

for the Autopilot disc button you can also use the "buttons and switches" tab, tick "Select for FS control" and choose "AP Master" from the drop down menue.. This works for most addons, all PMDG, also FSlabs, Majestic, A2A..

Same for the TOGA button for PMDG airplanes: "Auto Throttle Arm"

I don't recommend this, it is much better to use the PMDG Options Keycommands menu to set up all custom commands.  For example, the AP Master might be (or not) the disconnect bar and we normally never use that.  It is better to assign autopilot A and disconnect with keycommands.

Dan Downs KCRP

Afaik the command aims to the yoke AP disc button... the disc bar on the MCP has never moved for me. I prefer doing it this way because so I have the more or less same procedure for all addons, other devs inclueded which makes it easier for me to change something without having completely different setups for every plane. But yes, as PMDG offer the settings via the CDU, this is the most recommended setting.