Sign in to follow this  
ssair1

High FPS Low Smoothness

6 hours ago, tooting said:

What's that?? 

Disable Shadows in your config file, for details check out the BM support forum. 

Regards,

Shelman S.

Intel i9 9900KS, o/c @ 5.1 GHz; EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming; GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER; Thermaltake 32GB RAM @ 3600 DDR4; 3xSabrent Rocket 4.0 2TB SSDs; LG UltraGear 38GL950G-B 38" 21:9 Curved 144 Hz G-SYNC IPS Gaming Monitor; Acer Predator x34 UHD (3440x1440) @ 100hz GSYNC; Windows 10 64 bit; X-Plane 10; X-Plane 11.5r2, DCS World Open Beta, Prepar3dv4.5; Prepar3dv5 Professional. Honeycomb Yoke, Saitek Pedals, Switch, and Autopilot Panels. Obutto R3Volution Cockpit. Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and F18 Joysticks and Throttle. 

For a quad CPU with HT on, you can also try some AffinityMask settings to avoid conflicts with other processes that are running on your system.

In sparse scenery, this all does not matter, but in dense scenery, here are some settings you may try.

For me, getting P3D off the first physical core and giving it the second core all to itself improves smoothness (244).

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=244
// 244=11 11 01 00
// 245=11 11 01 01
// 246=11 11 01 10
// 253=11 11 11 01
// 254=11 11 11 10

Bert

On 11/29/2017 at 2:08 PM, ssair1 said:

How do I limit my monitors refresh rate? Do I have to set it in the prepar3d.cfg file? Regards, 

You're running a G-sync monitor, no reason you should have to set a locked refresh...it's will sync refresh to fps, even if it varies.

Locking fps in-sim will help keep cpu management/loading of scenery from lagging behind the rendering capability of your GPU. Even with the current fastest cpu's, there will be times that it can't manage scenery as fast as your GPU can render, so you get a skip, or stutter. Just do as Vic says, and lock fps...with your system, I would try 30, and 35 and see which you like best. As you already know, there will be times you can't maintain 30, or 35, but that's caused by heavy scenery load on the cpu. 90% of the time, however, your system will be able to stay at or above 30, or 35, and during those periods it will be silky smooth.

Make sure that in Nvidia Control Panel under "Display - "Setup GSYNC" is set to "Enable G-SYNC for windowed and full screen mode."

With your G-sync monitor, the one thing I WOULDN'T do, is use a fixed refresh rate...defeats the whole purpose of G-sync.

I also run a G-sync monitor, and it's made managing settings to achieve smoothness so easy...all I have to do is set a fps lock in P3D that I can maintain MOST of the time and G-sync automatically syncs refresh to match.

Considering that you run a reasonably fast system, I'm assuming it includes some flavor of SSD? If yes, do as I've suggested, if no...GET ONE.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

I get the desirable smooth micro stutter free sim only when the system is able to consistently produce 60+ fps at a location on my 60hz display. In high detail places mostly goes low 15-20 fps, going by that will have to wait for a cpu at least 3-4 times caliber than current 4790 no oc unless something substantially changes about p3d multi coring. 30 fps doesn't do it with its movie like motion fluidity, and the p3d micro stuttering doesn't seem to go away until high fps regardless of reducing the various settings.