Sign in to follow this  
Adrian123

Carenado B200 Loosing click spots

Not sure where to start here. When opening either the GNS or the GTN in the VC cockpit/Popup, I loose the ability click switches in the cockpit. Would that be a Carenado or RXP issue? Only occurs with the RXP GPS's. Win 7, XP11 10r1

Thanks

Hi, I'm not sure either what could cause this. Is this happening only with this one or with all Carenado aircrafts?

Does this happen also if you don't configure a 'VC' gauge and only use a popup window?

This could also be a XP11 10r1 issue (it is still a beta).

Otherwise, you might want to review the RealityXP.GTN.ini file in the aircraft folder: 

1) Locate if the section for the VC.

It shall have a [GTN_750_1.PANELS], or a frame.type = PANELS setting

2) Change to: usemouse = NONE

3) Load the aircraft.

4) Is this restoring the mouse clickspots? If this is the case, this means the conflict is most likely due to a plugin handling the 3D mouse.

Technical background:

Since there is no 'VC' in X-Plane but only polygons assembled in a 3D model, there is no gauge either. Rendering in the VC is done in  'painting' flat polygons (the screen), and mouse handling in the VC is done using a full screen window which captures the 3D mouse clicks, and projects them to 2D gauge coordinates.

Our code takes care to pass the click event down below if not intersecting our gauge, however, it might be another plugin using the same trick is not passing it along, or, XP11 BETA has a bug. This would be best you also try in XP11.05 RELEASE.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Wish I knew. They, B200 and C208 are the only Carenado aircraft I have and they both display the same issue. None other developers do. Both are XP 11 versions. It frustrating.

Do you mean using the GTN with any other aircraft than the Carenado works fine?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

I think this is the same issue that I have with my B200 which is the XP 11 version, the XP 10 version of the B200 doen't have the issue. The other Carenado aircraft I have are all XP 10 versions so they do not have the problem. I tried leaving a message on the org Carenado forums, but they never answered the post.

Also, I tried the usemouse = NONE and it does not work, at least for me.

Also when I turn off the GTN unit, the problem does not go away, only way I can fix it is to reload the aircraft

3 hours ago, RXP said:

Do you mean using the GTN with any other aircraft than the Carenado works fine?

Yes Jean Luc. Only the two Carenado I own. B200 and C208 XP11 10r1. All defaults and other aircraft are fine. No expert but seems it is a SASL issue.

[SASL ERROR] can't load component    GPS_hdef_dots_copilot

[SASL ERROR] Error updating avionics: [string "s/Animations.sec"]:0: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value

Hi, I've seen this error reported quite often with SASL (re: GPS_hdef_dots_copilot), and it think the version which is bundled with the aircraft is not officially compatible with XP11, but I might be wrong. If there is any way you could try the latest SASL version in case it'd be backward compatible, it might help to find out.

One thing for sure: the '3d mouse' full screen invisible window I've mentioned is only active whenever:

1) The device main settings section, for example [GTN_750_1] must reference the rendering section:

drawto = [name of the section suffix, like PANELS]

2) The corresponding GTN render target that has:

[GTN_750_1.PANELS]
frame. type = PANELS (or PANEL2D/PANEL3D)
frame.rect = [anything valid, i.e. not 0,0,0,0]
visible = true
usemouse= or usepopup= either or both true

Otherwise, only the normal in-sim popup window has a standard 2D mouse handler.

Disabling the '3d mouse' full screen invisible window requires just disabling any of the conditions indicated, so that we can be sure it is not this specific 'trick' which is causing a problem.

Thanks Jean Luc. Will give a try. Contemplating on giving up on XP11 but that wouldn't be fair. It is beta and still a moving target for developers. Must be even more frustrating for them as me. Of course, I choose to. Thanks again

On 11/30/2017 at 10:06 AM, Adrian123 said:

Contemplating on giving up on XP11 but that wouldn't be fair. It is beta

The 11.10 version is in beta.  You can also turn off getting the beta and go back to 11.05 to see if your issue is resolved.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

50 minutes ago, Anxu00 said:

The 11.10 version is in beta.  You can also turn off getting the beta and go back to 11.05 to see if your issue is resolved.

11 05 didnt resolve it.

On November 30, 2017 at 9:22 AM, RXP said:

Disabling the '3d mouse' full screen invisible window requires just disabling any of the conditions indicated, so that we can be sure it is not this specific 'trick' which is causing a problem.

Hi, do you confirm you've edited the RealityXP.GTN.ini file to disable the GTN 3D mouse invisible window, and the issue persists? If this is the case, I suspect then Carenado is using a similar 'trick' (invisible window to catch 3D clicks) but it is not passing the clicks through when not handled.

Or as a matter of fact, it could be our code too. I'll make sure to review this part of the code in case something broke in the latest build(s), however, if this is only happening with 2 specific aircraft, I'd suspect the issue lies with them (probably for the reason explained).