Sign in to follow this  
Chock

Just Flight Vickers VC-10 released

14 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

What a shame that such a superb airliner was held back by the niche market at which it was aimed. It should have been a world beater :sad:

Christopher...

I grew to really hate that plane.

I did many a week or two in Santa Ponsa, Majorca. Every few minutes a VC10 was climbing out some two hundred feet above the hotel/beach, which would set your eardrums oscillating. What a noisy aircraft. Even the fish would be jumping out of the water...

I like 'Window Rattling Mode' (tm) with P3d, but not when soaking up the sun on the beach, or enjoying a drink at the pool bar.:cool:

I was glad when the quieter models gradually took over.

All I listen to now is the regular Grobs on the circuit from EGOW over my garden...lovely.

Regards

Bill

19 hours ago, drcancerman said:

So, my question is: is it possible to include a 2D panel only for the AP? Because, that way(since we don't have a co-pilot, flight engineer and a navigator) we can focus on keeping the plane leveled, and still fumble with the AP.

I have also thought about suggesting this to Just Flight, as it's not easy within the confines of the simulator to operate the AP while trying to hand-fly.  It would be good if the autothrottle panel were to be included as well.  Martyn from Just Flight is often in here so he might see the suggestion, especially if a few more people chime in echoing the request.

Overall though, JF/AH have done a nice job with this aircraft, so congratulations are in order.  I'm looking forward to the Super and Pro versions to come.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, CavalierDuck said:

I have also thought about suggesting this to Just Flight, as it's not easy within the confines of the simulator to operate the AP while trying to hand-fly.  It would be good if the autothrottle panel were to be included as well.  Martyn from Just Flight is often in here so he might see the suggestion, especially if a few more people chime in echoing the request.

Overall though, JF/AH have done a nice job with this aircraft, so congratulations are in order.  I'm looking forward to the Super and Pro versions to come.

It would also be great for those who have a second monitor and can undock the window and move it. Because creating another view can eat the frames considerably.
I agree as well! 

I need to save some money to buy it, but it is in my "to buy" list. Glad to know they really did a great job on the airplane!

6 hours ago, BillCusick said:

I did many a week or two in Santa Ponsa, Majorca. Every few minutes a VC10 was climbing out some two hundred feet above the hotel/beach, which would set your eardrums oscillating. What a noisy aircraft. Even the fish would be jumping out of the water....

Regards

Bill

You know what the loudest aeroplane I every heard take off from Palma was? A DC-3. Yup, that's right, there was a very bright yellow DC-3 which used to go there fairly often in the early Nineties, and when it would climb out over the water after having departed from Majorca, with those propeller blade tips going supersonic, it was unbelievably loud.

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

On 12/2/2017 at 6:51 PM, Christopher Low said:

What a shame that such a superb airliner was held back by the niche market at which it was aimed. It should have been a world beater :sad:

An all too common issue in the world of British aviation but at least it served the RAF well for many years. It's unique performance makes it a great choice for simmers using products like AH, as Chock points out.

So, my question is: is it possible to include a 2D panel only for the AP? Because, that way(since we don't have a co-pilot, flight engineer and a navigator) we can focus on keeping the plane leveled, and still fumble with the AP.

Thanks for the suggestion. We'll look into that shortly.

At the line, scanning all the panels, setting T-tail, flaps, deciding it's ready... I gradually gave it power and then I get a beeping. Now I know that probably means something is not set right, but after all this time.... I'm going for it.

Here is the list of conditions which will trigger the TOCW horn - https://www.justflight.com/support/vc10-jetliner/395738e

Thanks
Martyn

• Upvote 1

Martyn - Just Flight

Thanks Martyn, I did't know that info was listed.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

If you're feeling lazy, hit the Ready For Take Off preset on the menu, it should get the thing set up so the alarm won't trip. But if you prefer to do it manually, the one which catches most people out is the speedbrake lever not being correctly set (it's the same on the L1011 TriStar). And you do want to be taking off without the alarm sounding, because you want to hear those Conway engines spool up; that alone is worth the price of admission. :cool:

This is rapidly becoming one of my favourite add-on airliners incidentally, I think I've already made well over a million dollars in AH2 with the thing, flying cargo trips, it's just great. Can't wait to see how much better it will be with a 'pro' add-on.

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

On 04/12/2017 at 8:14 PM, Chock said:

This is rapidly becoming one of my favourite add-on airliners incidentally, I think I've already made well over a million dollars in AH2 with the thing, flying cargo trips, it's just great. Can't wait to see how much better it will be with a 'pro' add-on.

I'm really enjoying this beast as well, love the engines sounds and her handling. It's heavy but powerful and it "feels right" when you are hand flying her. Still struggling with the damn autopilots to get them working but I'll figure it out sooner or later. JF has built a gem IMHO, I hope they keep improving her more and more. If so, i'm pretty sure this one will become their best product in the future. Looking forward to the Pro update.

Yup, the autopilot can be a bit temperamental I've found, but normally I can get it going okay with a bit of fiddling.

Alan Bradbury

Re:

"I grew to really hate that plane.

I did many a week or two in Santa Ponsa, Majorca. Every few minutes a VC10 was climbing out some two hundred feet above the hotel/beach, which would set your eardrums oscillating. What a noisy aircraft. Even the fish would be jumping out of the water..."

Out of curiosity Bill, who was operating VC10's out of Majorca?

Eugene

16 hours ago, Overload said:

Re:

"I grew to really hate that plane.

I did many a week or two in Santa Ponsa, Majorca. Every few minutes a VC10 was climbing out some two hundred feet above the hotel/beach, which would set your eardrums oscillating. What a noisy aircraft. Even the fish would be jumping out of the water..."

Out of curiosity Bill, who was operating VC10's out of Majorca?

Eugene

Hi Eugene..

I'll have to pass on that one. There can't be many airliners with those four rear mounted engines. I do suspect that it may have been a British carrier.

Can't recall the liveries. Probably my 'fuzzy' eyesight (especially at the pool bar) wouldn't see it anyway...:ha:

Regards

Bill