Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

Slow or freeze Start menu button (Creator Update)

Hi,

Lately (after Black Friday sale) and installation of DD Design New York and Washington X my windows 10 version 1709 is acting strange.

i have a hard time using the start menu and the shortcuts on the taskbar. 

There is some solutions around the web like :

1. Try reinstall graphic drivers

2. WSreset.exe

3. Powershell command to re-register apps

4. Rolling back to a prior version of Windows 10

i havent roll back but tried 1-3 , and was wondering if anyone else is having this issue or maybe have a fix?

Thanks

Michael moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

There are a few useful suggestions here: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/start-menu-does-not-open-windows-10. First, I would read through the comments below the article about stopping and restarting Widows Explorer from the Task Manager which seemed to work for some people (press Ctrl/Shift/Esc to quickly get to the Task Manager).

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

This has also been a problem for me. I will check out the link when I return home. Thanks for the help. 

Clay

spacer.png

For reasons not known everything is back to normal this saturday.

Something must have "blocked" the system in the background . The mouse was also behaving like slowmotion or "auto" click like.

But no issues . Thank god :-)

Thanks

Michael moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

On 11/30/2017 at 1:35 AM, Michael Moe said:

Hi,

Lately (after Black Friday sale) and installation of DD Design New York and Washington X my windows 10 version 1709 is acting strange.

i have a hard time using the start menu and the shortcuts on the taskbar. 

There is some solutions around the web like :

1. Try reinstall graphic drivers

2. WSreset.exe

3. Powershell command to re-register apps

4. Rolling back to a prior version of Windows 10

i havent roll back but tried 1-3 , and was wondering if anyone else is having this issue or maybe have a fix?

Thanks

Michael moe

I ran into a similar set of issues after the most recent Windows 10 update. My system would be fine for a while after booting up but then I could not access the Windows Start menu, my system would not respond to the special Windows key, Alt-Tab switch between open applications would not work, mouse right-click would become inop, and if I rebooted the issues would return sooner than if I cold-booted. Took some web searches that returned an array of potential fixes, but the one that worked for me was this:

In Windows 10 go into Settings, Accounts, Sign-in options, and turn off the following option:
"Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update or restart"

Two full days in since I made that change and I have not seen any of the aforementioned issues.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere