Sign in to follow this  
fluffyflops

American to Can 15000 Christmas sectors

14ppkc-6.png

1.5 times pay. Shoot, I'd come in. Especially for what they make.

Vic green

2 hours ago, tooting said:

The union is following the contract that the company agreed to. Scheduling has been an ongoing problem with the "new" American Airlines. Management has repeatedly screwed it up and then wants to violate the contract to fix the issue. This is typical Doug Parker. They'll work it out.

NAX669.png

from reading pprune looks like the trip trades and annual leave granted all of christmas requests.  What a cockup.

i can guarantee if that had happened at easy jet and virgin all hell would of broke loose.  But to over 150% on a christmas that you where due to work is madness.  Saying that is probably cheaper for offer 150% than to canx the rostered flight

14ppkc-6.png

52 minutes ago, tooting said:

from reading pprune looks like the trip trades and annual leave granted all of christmas requests.  What a cockup.

i can guarantee if that had happened at easy jet and virgin all hell would of broke loose.  But to over 150% on a christmas that you where due to work is madness.  Saying that is probably cheaper for offer 150% than to canx the rostered flight

They make it sound like they're doing the pilots a favor. That's the rate of pay per the contract. It's not a gift. Management screwed the pooch and they're trying to make themselves look magnanimous.

NAX669.png

Sounds like executive management trying to figure out how to "save money" so they can justify giving themselves a big fat year end Bonus ... a poorly thought out "plan" exposing their weakness ... lots of that seems to be going around lately in the US.

Cheers, Rob.

16 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Sounds like executive management trying to figure out how to "save money" so they can justify giving themselves a big fat year end Bonus ... a poorly thought out "plan" exposing their weakness ... lots of that seems to be going around lately in the US.

Cheers, Rob.

Rob, I'm a retired US/AA employee who worked under this management. My ex-landlord was an AA pilot who told me in February of 2016 that there were issues with the scheduling software and that AA's solution was for the pilots to violate their contract to bail them out. It's incompetent management who are too arrogant to admit that they screwed up.

• Upvote 1

NAX669.png

8 minutes ago, mwilk said:

were issues with the scheduling software

Being a software engineer, I would dare suggest this is entirely fabricated excuse unless AA are so financially poor they can't afford to fix software issues in a timely manner ... a 2016 problem still present at the end of 2017?  Sorry, not gonna buy that excuse, like you said, that's just bad management.

Cheers, Rob.

1 hour ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Cheers, Rob.

Mcall, Brady,Facey and Lynn did that at easyjet for 5 years. bled it dry.  

As for the software depends what they use.  Most software like AIMS, JEPPS and Sabre charge for addon items to the software to check for issues.

When I was at easyJet , rostering constantly asked for the management to have buffers for sickness, fatigue, bank holiday and Brighton pride sickies to be set in the system to make sure you had the right amount of people. For example if you needed 600 skippers to work august bank holiday then you actually needed 700 as 50 would go sick 20 fatigued and another 20 would have "childcare or personal issues" (this always happens on august bank holiday when the weather was nice and beer gardens are full) 

There was no way a manager was going to agree to have 100 extra people working over what was needed so every august holiday was a clusterf&^K.

The problem also was the software company charged for the buffers to be coded,  and it shows they where 10 percent down on overall crew numbes as i explained above you need 600 for the day, but they never counted in people Covering sickness and beer garden fatigue

14ppkc-6.png

Put me in the left seat of a 738 and I'll fly it for free.................

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

1 hour ago, W2DR said:

Put me in the left seat of a 738 and I'll fly it for free.................

We'll see how the people in the back of the bus feel about that when they find out your experience is limited to a desktop flight simulator.:biggrin:

NAX669.png

40 minutes ago, mwilk said:

We'll see how the people in the back of the bus feel about that when they find out your experience is limited to a desktop flight simulator.:biggrin:

As long as he stayed and Holiday Inn Express the night before.

• Upvote 1

Vic green

8 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Being a software engineer, I would dare suggest this is entirely fabricated excuse unless AA are so financially poor they can't afford to fix software issues in a timely manner ... a 2016 problem still present at the end of 2017?  Sorry, not gonna buy that excuse, like you said, that's just bad management.

Cheers, Rob.

It was a "scheduling error" and most of the flights have been covered.  There have been no canceled flights and the shortfall will be covered with reserves and overtime.  :smile: 

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

tooting, what is wrong with you?

Having 'Slobodan Praljak', a convicted war criminal as an avatar is not only distasteful, but highly offensive.

• Upvote 1

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.