Sign in to follow this  
eddywinch82

AI Timetable 2 Program Installation Problem

Hi there,

When I try to install the Shareware/Payware Program AI Timetable 2, on my Computer in FSX, I get an Error message saying :- 

SIMCONNECT.DLL is missing from my computer. I have 2 Simconnect.dll Files on my PC, should there only be 1 for the Program to work ? And if so which folder on my computer, does the correct one need to be in for the program to install ? And what is the full name of the correct File ? 

I believe I have the have installed the correct FSX Service packs SDK's etc, according to what I have read.

The Path the two simconnect.dll files are currently in, in Windows 7 is :- C:\Windows\winsxs    on my PC. 

Any help, someone could give me would be much appreciated. I emailed the technical support part of the company, that made the Program. They are called "geniX Software" yesterday, but I have not had a reply yet.

Regards

Eddie Winch

I believe this uses SimConnect version 10.0.61355.0. If that specific version is not installed, the utility crashes.

Where should the File be located in Windows 7 ? I.e. What is the directory path ? I am really not sure how to sort this problem out ? I believe I have installed the correct Service Packs. I have the Justflight Airshow Pilot Addon, and for that I had to upgrade to FSX SP2.

Will I need to revert back to the original FSX SP1 for the Utility to install ? And also could somebody provide links, to the Files I need to install, in order for the error message not to occur ? Help would be appreciated.

Thankyou for your information. Eddie

Hi jabloomf1230,

I did a complete uninstall and then reinstalled FSX, and did the same for the required Service packs, needed to run the Program. And the Program still says, the SIMCONNECT.DLL File is missing from your Computer. When I run the .exe File, even when I run as an Administrator, the message pops up.

I am not sure what is causing this problem now, do you have any ideas what i should try next and look for next ?

Many thanks for replying to my thread jabloomf1230, it's very much appreciated.

Regards

Eddie Winch

Hi could someone tell the last characters and numbers for the following folder, for the simconnect.dll from FSX SP1. That is needed

for the AI Timetable 2 Program ? Here is my folder name :-                   

x86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61355.0_none_  I just need the last Characters and Numbers after the last _   I copied the Simconnect.dll File from the SXS Folder on Disk 1 of FSX Deluxe Edition manually. 

Any help and info would be appreciated, still no response to my email to them, from genix software

Regards Eddie

Does the folder name, have to be named correctly, or will the AI Timetable 2 Program install. If the correct Simconnect.dll File is present anywhere on my computer, or in any folder on the Hard disk ?

The Program still says Simconnect.dll is missing from the computer, when I run the .exe File. Could the Folder name, the File is in be the problem now ? As I have the correct Simconnect.dll File now, the Folder is in the winsxs Folder in Windows.

Eddie

The problem is sorted now, all that was necessary in the end. Was to copy one of the Simconnect.dll Files

to the AI Timetable 2 Program's Main Folder, now the Program works.

Eddie