Sign in to follow this  

GSX and Q400

In my quest to make things more and more realistic (and to see deep my wallet is) I am looking at GSX. I've seen it doing the pushback in the Airline2Sim Cadet training and well, even though the guys walk a bit odd, it does add to the immersion. Of course I do have a few questions though:

1. Does it work well with the current Majestic Q400?

2. Does it really work on every airport so also freeware addon airports? I am using Airports of Norway and mainly fly from and to those.

3. Does it really push you back exactly on the yellow line/right spot? My manual pushback usually make me end up in the middle of nowhere. In fact, this is one of the main reasons I am thinking about getting GSX: I suck at pushbacks. Anyway, in a review I read it is optional: do you have to set something up for it or does pushback work perfectly everywhere?

4. Can I cancel boarding if I think it's taken long enough? 

5. Anything else I need to be aware off?

2 minutes ago, J van E said:

In my quest to make things more and more realistic (and to see deep my wallet is) I am looking at GSX. I've seen it doing the pushback in the Airline2Sim Cadet training and well, even though the guys walk a bit odd, it does add to the immersion. Of course I do have a few questions though:

1. Does it work well with the current Majestic Q400?

2. Does it really work on every airport so also freeware addon airports? I am using Airports of Norway and mainly fly from and to those.

3. Does it really push you back exactly on the yellow line/right spot? My manual pushback usually make me end up in the middle of nowhere. In fact, this is one of the main reasons I am thinking about getting GSX: I suck at pushbacks. Anyway, in a review I read it is optional: do you have to set something up for it or does pushback work perfectly everywhere?

4. Can I cancel boarding if I think it's taken long enough? 

5. Anything else I need to be aware off?

2) Yes.

3) Yes, as long as the AFCAD is built correctly. Which in 99 percent of cases it is so everything works fine

4) Yes

5) it is addictive!!!

Can't help you with question one as I don't own this plane.

Simbol 

As Simbol said, YES.

The push backs are my prime reason, but catering and boarding are also nice.

You might want to look into AVSIM library for replacement voicers for push back. The default and I am truly amazed they have never sorted it are a bit robotic.  

facebook p3d user group also have voice packs. 

You don't own GSX J? you n00b  :biggrin:

TIP: Now it might just be me, put the key to bring up GSX for me is F12, that is also a default view so if you find F12 is your GSX key delete the F12 key view within P3D and if you delete your config file it will add that view key back in.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Also, a GSX update just added support for the Q400, so that’s a plus!

50 minutes ago, simbol said:

Can't help you with question one as I don't own this plane.

But the answers you did give were very helpful, so thanks! :happy:

40 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

You don't own GSX J? you n00b

LOL :happy: You do realize however that buying this makes a purchase of the 320 even more unlikely...? :cool: And thanks for the voice tips! I will have a look at it right away already.

21 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

Also, a GSX update just added support for the Q400, so that’s a plus!

Ah, good to know! Although I thought the Q400 was already supported since the Airline2Sim video's are from 2013...? But maybe this all has to do with P3D 4.1 and 64 bit support...? Anyway, good to hear it is officially supported!

EDIT O, wait a minute, I remember that in the video's they couldn't start the engine during pushback with the Q400: the external flight model had to be paused for pushback or something like that. Maybe this has been solved...? That would be cool. Because, come to think of it, that would be a pity if that still can't be done. That would sort of kill the realism again a little bit.

54 minutes ago, J van E said:

LOL :happy: You do realize however that buying this makes a purchase of the 320 even more unlikely...? :cool: 

From A2A to the Q400 is a great move. As they are both top quality. You will enjoy the Q400 very much.

At some point when you're ready for the next step....buy "The" A320 it will be "your" final step but it's another big step, but going from a A2A to the Q400 is a big step.

A2A>Q400>FSL A320 are great steps to take. It's sort of like Cadet>FO>Captain :biggrin:

Enjoy my friend :biggrin:

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

GSX is a must have ... as answered above, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes ... it works out of the box for every and any airport, but also supports considerable customization for every aircraft at any airport.  The GSX vehicles all support dynamic lights.  Umberto keeps the product updated and is constantly adding new features and his input to LM's development team has been extremely valuable.

The refueling truck works perfectly with PMDG aircraft.  De-ice vehicles/process, and much more ... even has an SDK that aircraft developers can work with to blend service activity seamlessly.  I can't say enough good things about GSX.

Cheers, Rob.

1 hour ago, J van E said:

I remember that in the video's they couldn't start the engine during pushback with the Q400

You are presented with an option now that allows you start engines during pushback (this applies to any aircraft).

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks, Rob. I’ll buy it this evening. :happy:

There was a bug with GSX but we're talking two years ago, haha. If you started an engine during pushback, it wouldn't actually start turning until your parking brake was on. Still not sure if it was the Q400 or GSX that was to blame. I vaguely remember something about it being in a paused state during pushback and that's why the engines wouldn't work... Anyway it's great now, no problems whatsoever. 

I still need to reply to your Q400 thread J! 

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

In the "old days" (aka P3D V3.x and earlier) using GSX was a one shot deal ... departure only or risk an OOM.  However, the move to 64bit and I use it all the time from GA to Commercial at both departure/arrival and multi-airport hops.

Be warned, it's customization options might get you hooked into building the perfect services environment for your aircraft/airports and less time actually flying.

Cheers, Rob.

FWIW, the 30% off sale for GSX ends today and fsdreamteam do not typically have sales except this time of the year. So get it while you can. I waited all year to pick up GSX during this sale.

Also, I advise anyone wanting to buy GSX or one of the other FSDT products to look at the various online shops (including the fsdreamteam shop), as some are quoting the price before 30% discount as 34 Euro versus  34 USD. A savvy shopper can take advantage of the Euro/USD discount in addition to the 30% off.

36 minutes ago, Bruce Nicholson KMFR said:

FWIW, the 30% off sale for GSX ends today and fsdreamteam do not typically have sales except this time of the year. So get it while you can. I waited all year to pick up GSX during this sale.

Is 31.57 EUR the sale price? I see nothing about a sale! Didn't know anything about it either. Would be nice because I bought the Q400 one day before there was a huge sale... :mellow:

3 minutes ago, J van E said:

Is 31.57 EUR the sale price? I see nothing about a sale! Didn't know anything about it either. Would be nice because I bought the Q400 one day before there was a huge sale... :mellow:

If I remember right, you need to apply the Turkey2017 coupon at checkout time to get the 30% off.

Walter Meier

2 minutes ago, wsmeier said:

If I remember right, you need to apply the Turkey2017 coupon at checkout time to get the 30% off.

Wow, cool, got it! :biggrin: Thanks for the heads up, Bruce, and thanks for the code, Walter!!! Well, this makes up for my bad luck with the Q400 sale. :happy: Where would I be without AVSIM! :cool: