Sign in to follow this  

GSX and Q400

Tip for future purchases from Flightbeam /FSDT, if you're in Europe,  Choose to pay in USD and let your Bank/credit card do the conversion. It's for sure a better rate. 

Nice one J! 

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

21 minutes ago, Ebs said:

Tip for future purchases from Flightbeam /FSDT, if you're in Europe,  Choose to pay in USD and let your Bank/credit card do the conversion. It's for sure a better rate. 

Nice one J! 

Ah, bummer...... :dry::biggrin: Thanks for the tip anyway! :happy:

Well, as always I am having a problem with my new purchase. Story of my life. :happy: Is it only me who is ALWAYS having problems with new purchases? Anyway, as I said I bought GSX mainly for the pushback. So here I am at ENBR, did the boarding and all (which was nice) and decided to start the pushback. Turns out the only option I get is a straight pushback...?! What the...?

Sigh... here I go for yet another sleepless night hoping things will be solved the next day...

EDIT

Moved my Q400 to another spot, no left or right pushback, moved my Q400 to ENGM, still no luck...

Read the manual, you can set all that up if the airport is not defined correctly... even the distance.

Not sleepless, just a little reading.

Cheers Rob

Hi Jeroen, that can be solved by changing the AFCAd or by adjusting it in GSX.

Only thing I do not like about GSX is that some vehicles still turn their wheels the wrong way. Umberto still has a problem understanding how wheels move to steer, especially when going backwards or when the steering comes from the back axel.

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

11 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Read the manual, you can set all that up if the airport is not defined correctly... even the distance.

Not sleepless, just a little reading.

Cheers Rob

Yep, came back here to edit my post but you already answered. Typical something for me: to try a few spots in a row that all had pushback disabled... :blink::biggrin: I searched the manual and found out about how you can change the options indeed and when I came back to the sim I 'accidently' chose a spot that DID have left and right... and it worked perfectly.

An odd thing I noticed is that soon as I am pushed of my parking spot another plane pops up there: slightly immersion killing. :laugh: That must be UTL, I think... This is becoming off topic but if someone knows how to prevent this from happening, let me know.

Yeah, another common issue is the size of the parking spots not being defined correctly at the airport, so you have to make adjustments to the spot to allow for valid sized aircraft.

Also make sure all your controllers are set correctly for slew mode or else you might find yourself floating in outer space.

Cheers, Rob.

Luckily I usually fly from and to airports I know and I also usually park on the same spots: this makes it easy to make any adjustments if needed for once and for all. I will simply spend some time parking the Q400 on all airports I plan to visit and make sure I park on the same edited spot everytime.

I didn't do an actual flight yet, only some tests at a few parking spots, but I really like the added realism! Having those cars around you loading stuff and that animated (and absolutely PERFECT) pushback is more fun and adds more to the experience than I thought!

5 minutes ago, Ebs said:

Do yourself a favour and get this replacement voice pack for GSX. 

Will do, thanks!

17 hours ago, J van E said:

An odd thing I noticed is that soon as I am pushed of my parking spot another plane pops up there: slightly immersion killing. :laugh: That must be UTL, I think... This is becoming off topic but if someone knows how to prevent this from happening, let me know.

The addon "Where are my Aircraft" (WAMA) includes a feature where you can set your departure and arrival gate. WAMA will then keep these gates free of AI traffic. So that will not only reserve your arrival gate for you but also prevent your departure gate being occupied again while your are being pushed back.

You set the gates with a few clicks for every flight (you can even do it during your flight).

Even if you aren't interested in the main features of WAMA this alone is worth the small price of this addon.

18 hours ago, J van E said:

Yep, came back here to edit my post but you already answered. Typical something for me: to try a few spots in a row that all had pushback disabled... :blink::biggrin: I searched the manual and found out about how you can change the options indeed and when I came back to the sim I 'accidently' chose a spot that DID have left and right... and it worked perfectly.

Perhaps you should reduce the amount of AI as this will reduce the fighting for gates at the airports.

Regards 

Simbol 

1 hour ago, Ebs said:

Do yourself a favour and get this replacement voice pack for GSX. 

https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=GSX+dave&CatID=root&Go=Search

As much as i love GSX, I can't stand the default 'voice' that comes with it. 

This is great, I never knew we had replacement voices I am going to try them right now.

Simbol

I've used GSX prior versions and the current one w/ Q400 and it's been great--it even integrates w/ FSCaptain quite well for the Q400.

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

2 hours ago, Ebs said:

As much as i love GSX, I can't stand the default 'voice' that comes with it.

Didn't know that, but come to think of it, a simple DLL (checks aircraft location and swaps out the necessary audio files) and getting some users to record their own voices in various languages across the globe and we could have dynamic voice sets based on airport location ... kinda surprise Umberto has thought of this idea already (or maybe he has just no time)?

Provide language options:

1.  Global "English" set but spoken with accent of the country of origin
2.  Native language set specific to each location

Should be relatively simple to implement, just finding the people willing to do the recordings might be difficult part.

Cheers, Rob.