Sign in to follow this  
airlinejets

Application freezing

Hi Dave,

I'm using the latest build 2.3.1.2 and keep getting a freeze in the application. I cannot complete a flight (random freeze). Any logs I could send to help find the problem?

Also, importing PFPX flight plans does not work. I have to use the FlightAware import (even though the flight plan is generated by PFPX).

2 hours ago, airlinejets said:

Hi Dave,

I'm using the latest build 2.3.1.2 and keep getting a freeze in the application. I cannot complete a flight (random freeze). Any logs I could send to help find the problem?

Also, importing PFPX flight plans does not work. I have to use the FlightAware import (even though the flight plan is generated by PFPX).

I have been experiencing freezes as well.  If you have ATC Chatter setup, you might want to try without it to see if your problem improves.  In the midst of a flight and no problems.

My symptom is I get the blue circle and if I click on Pilot2atc window it turns grey.  Everything is frozen.  I have to close it to restart.

3 minutes ago, JeB1952 said:

I have been experiencing freezes as well.  If you have ATC Chatter setup, you might want to try without it to see if your problem improves.  In the midst of a flight and no problems.

My symptom is I get the blue circle and if I click on Pilot2atc window it turns grey.  Everything is frozen.  I have to close it to restart.

I'm not using the chatter feature but I get the exact same freeze as you do.

If you open the event viewer and look at Windows logs/application you should see a couple errors.  This will provide some information about the freeze.   Sending the text of the event log entry to Dave will help confirm if new or existing problem.

Hello Dave,

Unfortunately I have the same problem. I have sent you an e-mail with 2 pictures of the event viewer.

greetings

Reiner

Meine Virtuelle Airline: Leipzigair   LHA357    abz_3kapitaen.gif
Mein Youtube Channel: Reiner on Tour
X - Plane 11 | AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | 32GB DDR4-3200  | AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT | Win10 /64bit

Me too - I downloaded the latest build yesterday and it does the same.  I appreciate you share a solution at your earliest! Let me know if you need anything further from me.

What may help in this thread is if we start posting our system information.  Lately, this freeze is taking on the appearance of an endless loop.  When you look at taskmanager is Pilot2atc using cpu?  i am seeing 13-15%.  This can help identify similarities for affected users.  Sending Dave your log file and the recorded windows application event may also help. 

Running on:

Windows 10 version 1709 build 16299.64   (This is the fall creators update)

XPS 8910 with GTX1080Ti 12GB vram, main memory 16GB, Intel i7-6700 cpu @ 3.40GHz

Thanks for all the reports. 

It is important to know what you were doing when the freeze occurs.  For example, just switched to a new controller, or just filed the flight plan and it didn't come back.

Another thing that might help is to know what voices you are using and how many.  Some freezes are related to loading the 4th or 5th voice from certain voice vendors....and appears it might be a virtual memory issue.

Other freezes are just the Filing of a Flight Plan taking a full minute or more, but waiting long enough the wait cursor goes away and all starts working again.

If the Screen is going Gray, or you get a "Windows had to close...." message, that would be good information as well.

Also, the PFPX import issue was a bug and will be fixed in the next update.

Dave

I have also experienced many freeze situations where I had to restart P2A. This is really more often than in previous versions. The last time I just stand-by, and after a very long time it pushed out several sentences at once, like when you unplug a blocked hose in your kitchen ;)

At the same time, as a recent W10 user, I wonder if this can be linked with W10 game mode as it probably reduce resources from background processes? I'm using W10 game mode with P3D, what about you?

Most of the time I had freezes after "saying" a sentence that P2A might have difficulty to understand, just thinking...

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

Gentlemen - Fixed, my problem apparently was the 5th Windows voice. BTW - when checking my event viewer, the only indication was an "error" and Pilot2atc closing. No other record. Pilot2atc seems to be working well, no delays or shutters. Thank you for the advice - it worked!