Sign in to follow this  
Abelardj

FSX Steam Uninstall

Please help, I uninstall CP from fsx Steam from the VFX Central and even control panel and delete everything. I still cannot get my hat switch to work and my default view back in the cockpit. Someone please help.

I read a post a post where it said in p3d just deleted the camera.cfg file. Boy was everything else got messed up. 

Go to FSX > Options > Settings > Controls > Views 'Event Category' and look for "View Pan."  Assign your hatswitch to that control and you should be good to go.... 

• Upvote 1

Matt King

13 hours ago, kingm56 said:

Go to FSX > Options > Settings > Controls > Views 'Event Category' and look for "View Pan."  Assign your hatswitch to that control and you should be good to go.... 

I did that before I lunched the sim and after I launched the sim the same step you mention above. Nothing happen. I did deleted the camera cfg. and it worked for one second and everything went down hill from there, so I restored it. Still nothing

I m planning in buying chase plane , but after seeing post like these, where the developer do nothing, no way I'm buying this product,  I'm very concern about these kind of stuff, when you uninstall some add on and the fs is working  after. Very concerning 

Our Uninstall process is working as intended right now, we have not received a single report of it not working properly in a very long time.

This post dates back to December of last year and a lot of things have changed since then.

This is a User-to-User support forum and most people with system-specific issues like those will contact us directly to get the issue resolved.

Its not because a thread is unanswered that the issue has not been fixed.

• Upvote 1

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hi Keven , thank for clearing stuff out, I relay like your product , but there is not manual to be found no where, no proper explanation of installation and uninstalling the product, so you saying that uninstalling the program will leave fsx as it was before,

joysticks hat switch working, default view and zoom buttons working properly,

Are you planning in releasing any thing with just the camera effects only?, I been looking for something like this for a long time and will pay what ever the price is, but every thing out there include  the camera thing, which for some people may be not complicated but for me its , I like the default camera controls in the default fsx and add on planes and don't want to mess thing up I'm used to it,

can you tell me the specific files that this program modify in fsx , maybe backing up those file, in case I give it go to you program and thing go south

There isa a User Manual in this very forum. We are working on a more complete version of it that will be available soon.

Joystick Controls in the simulator are removed and controlled by the user and will need to be reassigned by the user. Everything else is restored to how it was prior to having ChasePlane installed. Every file we modify is backed-up in the same folder as the modified file in case you need it.

We are not planning on releasing an update to include only the motion effects. There are fundamental limitations on this platform that would prevent us from applying effects to all the default cameras, leading us to where we are today, with our own cameras.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I know this is an older topic, but I have to say. I don't personally have chase plane, it left a horrible taste in my mouth after trying to help a summer friend set it up. It absolutely destroyed his views. We uninstalled the program, or thought we did. Afterwards the views were still wrong, CP was still linked somehow to the aircraft in his collection. I looked for a config file everywhere that might still have settings in it. I used Revo to track down and remove Old Prop and CP entries that were STILL IN THE REGISTRY. I deleted the cameras.cfg file. I finally got default can views back for external but cockpit views are still linked to CP somehow and nothing works right, he can't even use his POV hat switch anymore. He has multiple addons and premium content that would take forever to reinstall if he started clean. So for me, Chase Plane is a definite mistake.

I dont think ChasePlane was a mistake. It only depends on how you installed it and how you tried to configure it. Did you go in the User Manual to figure out how the software works?

How did you try to uninstall it?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42