Sign in to follow this  
1st fltsimguy

IRIS Sale in Bargain Hunters

38 minutes ago, JeffB said:

How do you get the sound package working with the C-27J?

I'm assuming you have installed the C-27J into the Prepar3d v4 folder (no addon.xml install)...

Download the updated dll file from https://www.douglassdawson.ca/

Follow this:

P3Dv4SoundGauge.jpg

50 minutes ago, Henry Street said:

I'm assuming you have installed the C-27J into the Prepar3d v4 folder (no addon.xml install)...

Download the updated dll file from https://www.douglassdawson.ca/

Follow this:

P3Dv4SoundGauge.jpg

Excellent!

Its working pretty good. I have switch sounds now, but the engine sounds are hardly there...do you know how to make them louder?

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

1 minute ago, JeffB said:

Excellent!

Its working pretty good. I have switch sounds now, but the engine sounds are hardly there...do you know how to make them louder?

The engine sounds are standard P3D as far as I know....no issues on my side of things.

Been out and about in the PC-24, very nice plane, everything seems to work.

Glad I got this one.

Bryan

• Upvote 1

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I downloaded the PC-24 and pointed it to my P3d V4 install folder and it installed perfectly. Haven't flown yet but took a quick look and started it up. So far, it seems to be working quite well. You'll find that you have just one "panel view" and you'll need to simply pan and zoom around the VC cockpit and click buttons that way though.

1 hour ago, alhefner said:

I downloaded the PC-24 and pointed it to my P3d V4 install folder and it installed perfectly. Haven't flown yet but took a quick look and started it up. So far, it seems to be working quite well. You'll find that you have just one "panel view" and you'll need to simply pan and zoom around the VC cockpit and click buttons that way though.

Yes, I just did a night flight, found it easy to point and click...nice lighting interior as well. There are several good camera views. Although I think I will add one for the overhead panel.

Also did a GTN750 pop-up and it seems to link in OK as well.

• Upvote 1

Near CAM3

Just did my own little review of this airplane. Just a short "around the block" flight. didn't mess with the gps or autopilot. Nothing really detailed going on... just firing it up, taking off, and a straight forward landing...

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

Yes thanks.

I wonder what this statement means.

Well what I was trying to say is that it's pretty basic systems wise. I still do enjoy it with Pro Act X which will load my flight plan right in for me.I purchased it for V3 and after purchasing V4 I figured I'd try to install it and after pointing it to the sim it installed flawlessly.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sbague1 said:

Well what I was trying to say is that it's pretty basic systems wise. I still do enjoy it with Pro Act X which will load my flight plan right in for me.I purchased it for V3 and after purchasing V4 I figured I'd try to install it and after pointing it to the sim it installed flawlessly.

$20 cant beat that.

• Upvote 1

Near CAM3

I was given some hope from this thread an another about P3Dv4 campatiblity.  So I got the PC-9 earlier today.  As far as I can see, works perfectly.  Don't a couple different flights, integrated the F1 GNS 530 into it and got that working to include WAAS approaches.  So my next step was to get rid of that god forsaken green color.  Below is what I got.  I like it :-)  next up is to make my own repaint.  But for the life of me I can't seem to find the painkit anywhere.  Anyone got any pointers?

27172123689_6b6b8b8b72_k.jpg

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

13 minutes ago, thibodba57 said:

I was given some hope from this thread an another about P3Dv4 campatiblity.  So I got the PC-9 earlier today.  As far as I can see, works perfectly.  Don't a couple different flights, integrated the F1 GNS 530 into it and got that working to include WAAS approaches.  So my next step was to get rid of that god forsaken green color.  Below is what I got.  I like it :-)  next up is to make my own repaint.  But for the life of me I can't seem to find the painkit anywhere.  Anyone got any pointers?

27172123689_6b6b8b8b72_k.jpg

Follow the link here in first post and it should start a zip download:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/88607-Paintkit-is-now-available-for-the-IRIS-Pilatus-PC-9-A

However when I download it Win10 refuses to un-zip it but 7-Zip will extract with some errors reported.
Looking at the files one bmp and one psd seem to be corrupted.

I agree with you about the green color. Can I ask how you changed it to grey?

I really like the PC9, especially the textures when compared to some other Iris stuff that looks very CGI.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

1 hour ago, gboz said:

I agree with you about the green color. Can I ask how you changed it to grey?

I really like the PC9, especially the textures when compared to some other Iris stuff that looks very CGI.

gb.

I'll send you a PM with some instructions and a sample.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

I've always *LOVED* the latest PC-9/A from Iris and I recently just installed it into P3D v4.2. I had to updated a few of the gauges from Doug Dawson's website, however I'm stuck trying to find a replacement for the gauge file "dsd_fsx_axis_control.dll" and I'm not sure which Doug Dawson gauge "dsd_fsx_axis_control.dll" came from or even if it was updated for x64. I've also got flashing gauges in the virtual cockpit like there's a conflict between the panel lighting, anyone seen this?

Any help would be appreciated or you could just send me a message if anyone has put together a package or something for this fantastic aircraft.

Andrew Walker

Could someone here please post a detailed tutorial on how to get IRIS aircraft installed to P3D v4 ?

Unfortunately, I did not succeed in installing the PC-9, nor the T6 II. May be due to the fact that my installers are from spring'17. However, I will probably not get any newer version any more, because both shops I bought from, the Flight Sim Store and IRIS, seem to have gotten out of business. So I am kinda stuck here... : (

Thanks.