Sign in to follow this  
trevg

FF A320

Any suggestions of a set to use as a base set in the meantime until you get around to getting one built ??

Hopefully on your to do list.

Cheers

Trevor Golding

4 hours ago, trevg said:

Any suggestions of a set to use as a base set in the meantime until you get around to getting one built ??

Hopefully on your to do list.

Cheers

Definitely on the to do list, after it's released.

It's more than detecting aircraft and adding it to the list though.

We'd need a copy to work with and spend about 3 months on it, teaching co-pilot how to read and set those aircraft specific buttons and dials.

The only thing we can guarantee you is that having already interfaced many FF aircraft (777, 767, 757), we know how to handle them without SDK.

It's just a mater of when.

Hopefully A350 support will be finished this month.

10 hours ago, FS++ said:

Definitely on the to do list, after it's released.

It's more than detecting aircraft and adding it to the list though.

We'd need a copy to work with and spend about 3 months on it, teaching co-pilot how to read and set those aircraft specific buttons and dials.

The only thing we can guarantee you is that having already interfaced many FF aircraft (777, 767, 757), we know how to handle them without SDK.

It's just a mater of when.

Hopefully A350 support will be finished this month.

Just slightly off topic here: Do you already have an idea how long it will probably take for MCE to fully interface the new Aerosoft Airbus 2018 which is to be expected in early 2018?

1 hour ago, trevg said:

Thanks.

Not really. We don't use LUA

We can get all internal custom variables using our home grown method, as well as read and set them directly (not using keyboard).

Maybe start a thread on FF A320 forum and if demand is there, we'll start interfacing it as soon as it's released. Who knows might even get early access if it's taking too long.

35 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

Just slightly off topic here: Do you already have an idea how long it will probably take for MCE to fully interface the new Aerosoft Airbus 2018 which is to be expected in early 2018?

Should be very quick (2 to 3 weeks I guess) since we expect it to re-use the same gauges as the previous one.

FO doesn't care about quality of VNAV implementation or other enhancements to weather radar and such. As long as the switches haven't changed, it would be more or less the same aircraft from MCE's perspective.

Iv just tried the FF A320 with the latest MCE, It recognizes the aircraft and will talk through the flows, but wont actually press any buttons ect, Is this because its still being worked on or am i doing something wrong ?

29 minutes ago, gaz2644 said:

Iv just tried the FF A320 with the latest MCE, It recognizes the aircraft and will talk through the flows, but wont actually press any buttons ect, Is this because its still being worked on or am i doing something wrong ?

Please read second post on this same thread.

Nothing wrong with your installation.

The FO audio plays on the "mce.exe" side.

Although FO has detected it's an A320 and knows which flows to use, nothing happens in the sim because there is no dll running inside X-Plane process that would handle FF A320 specific switches.

It's not supported yet.

It should be sometime next year.

Start a thread on FF A320 forum. That might speed it up

Hi Gerald,

any update for FF A320? Some time has passed - in which quarter will it be planned to be integrated?
I definitely buy MCE now and would be very happy about an integration of the FF A320.

Thank You!
Tim

Edited by Tim Meyer

Just a thought while you are waiting for integration. I bought the Virtualcol CRJ, would have preferred the Aerosoft but didn't have the money. Having said that, the Virtualcol CRJ is a good model and fun to fly  I wondered if i could get any functionality with MCE. Of course, the checklists would work if i just selected the Aerosoft checklists, and then i cloned the flows and it actually works. Not full functionality, but i didn't expect it to be, probably 80%. I wonder if you clone the flows from the Aerosoft A320 would you get any functionality with the FF A320?

20 hours ago, Tim Meyer said:

Hi Gerald,

any update for FF A320? Some time has passed - in which quarter will it be planned to be integrated?
I definitely buy MCE now and would be very happy about an integration of the FF A320.

Thank You!
Tim

Thank you for your interest in MCE.

It will be definitely supported at some point ( I guess before AUG 2018). We already support their A350, 777, 757, 767, and we can do it without their help.

Suggest you start a thread on FF forum and see how urgently this thing must be delivered, as there are other aircraft in the queue.

Don't forget this aircraft was only released lately.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, FS++ said:

Thank you for your interest in MCE.

It will be definitely supported at some point ( I guess before AUG 2018). We already support their A350, 777, 757, 767, and we can do it without their help.

Suggest you start a thread on FF forum and see how urgently this thing must be delivered, as there are other aircraft in the queue.

Don't forget this aircraft was only released lately.

Thank You!

May I bump this up just to enter my interest in the FF 320 integration. 

Just bought mce for xplane for this  bird  :cool:

So I like x-plane every day I use it better and better but this is just by the way. 

Bruno 

Bruno 

15 hours ago, bakerman said:

May I bump this up just to enter my interest in the FF 320 integration. 

Just bought mce for xplane for this  bird  :cool:

So I like x-plane every day I use it better and better but this is just by the way. 

Bruno 

The aircraft has just been released and the user base is probably not large enough at this point considering the price tag. It will be supported though

Suggest you start a thread over here at FF A320 forum to see how urgent interfacing this aircraft is.

Thank you for your patience.