Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[01DEC17] Legacy Product (2008 and earlier) activation is back online

Captains,

A few weeks ago, we published a NOTAM here to advise that we had accidentally broken the product activation process for our 2008 and earlier products such as the original 747-400 from 2005 and the MD-11 from 2008.  In our effort to improve the overall security of our data processes, we accidentally obsoleted a process that was required for users to continue installing and enjoying those products.  We were unaware of this accident until after we rolled out the new updates.

It has been a pretty significant effort, but we are happy to report that activation is once again taking place for these older products, so you will be able to install and use them once again.

I recognize that it created some inconvenience for some users and for this we apologize.  Perhaps one day after the medication takes hold, I can share with you a very funny story of just how deeply we had to dive into the archives to save this legacy installation process...  and just how messed up the process of fixing it was...

Believe it or not, it involved finding a decommissioned hard drive that had been removed and stored back in 2006... and building a machine from scrap parts so that I could plug in the darn ribbon cable required to read that drive... to get the...   argh...   the tremors...

First i have to triple the dose on the medication. 

It was that bad...    :ph34r:

• Upvote 13

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

4 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

Believe it or not, it involved finding a decommissioned hard drive that had been removed and stored back in 2006... and building a machine from scrap parts so that I could plug in the darn ribbon cable required to read that drive... to get the...   argh...   the tremors...

Har! The trials of the information age.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

First i have to triple the dose on the medication. 

It was that bad...    :ph34r:

It’s Friday, have all the medication you want. 

I’ll raise a medication to your dedication to your customers as well tonight.

It happened to me.
I was asked to activate all PMDG products. I even thought it was due to the recent update of Windows 10. It was good, I took the opportunity to reorganize my files.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I had version 1 in FSX way back left flight sim for a time (work life gets in the way) now retired new hand built flight PC forgot password different email now, installed P3Dv4 3 months ago so I could purchase the queen again in 64bit worth every penny. 

• Upvote 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

And that's why I keep purchasing the latest and greatest flightsim's... no problems!  Yeah right.

• Upvote 1

\Robert Hamlich/

I almost drove up to VA to see you guys when my MD-11 had activation issues :biggrin:, but the wife locked me into the shed. She knew once I went up there, I'd come back with $1000's of new PMDG programs.