Sign in to follow this  
MindYerBeak

opus vs chaseplane motion effects

chaseplane and opus owners,

I was thinking of getting chaseplane but before i do so I'd like to know..how do the chaseplane motion effects (landing,turbulence...)  compare to those of OPUS ? Do they "feel" more realistic ?

Thanks in advance.

I love the realism of the Opus DHM effects, especially their subtle interaction with turbulence / weather, acceleration and ground effects.

• Upvote 1

Chaseplane is a definite must have addon... would recommend it, awesome features, and constantly being updated.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I understand it is good but was more interested in knowing what  opus/cp owners thought of the motion effects of the software.Are the  motion effects more realistic compared to OPUS'?

I used Opus for years and then changed to Chaseplane just because it is so much easier to set up a camera with the Chaseplane UI. But the motion effects themselves - to me the motion effects of Opus are more realistic than the ones of Chaseplane. Probably pretty subjective but the Chaseplane effects lack some elasticity  for me, they are too hard and abrupt - there is no cushioning. And the subtle "floating" in the air in calm weather seems to be completely missing in Chaseplane. While Chaseplane are developing more and more features and adjustable sliders the quality of the motion effects themselves has hardly been improved for some time.

And don't forget the third player here: Ezdok. Maybe the most realistic effects.

• Upvote 3

Opus has the most realistic. IMHO!...But I use Chaseplane it’s ez to use..I go back to opus occasionally for those effects.

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

3 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

And don't forget the third player here: Ezdok. Maybe the most realistic effects.

I have ezdok and I find that its   effects in the air are too "floaty" I mean it doesnt feel real to me.Maybe exaggerated.

Opus effects seem very good to me and go up a factor if you throw in their support for a Buttkicker.

Only problem I have with Opus is the camera view transitions are not smooth, at least at 30 fps.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Chaseplane is a breeze to use.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776