Sign in to follow this  
alhefner

How to get reverse thrust?

I've been trying to find a way to get reverse thrust. I am using the Saitek throttle quadrant. Though it does have the detent that is seen as a button by FSUIPC when you pull the throttle back past idle, I can't find anything in FSUIPC to associate that to any kind of reverse thrust function.

I'm sure I am simply missing something but have no clue what it is. I know that the P3D V4 control configuration has reverse thrust but I don't know how to set that "button" past the idle position to that function. All I see is an axis... not a button.

Hope I have been clear enough with my question!

Thanks in advance.

Which aircraft? Some models have not beta or reverse even if the real world one does.

In Fsuipc

go into buttons/switches pull down the lever you want to assign as throttle 1

then put a tick in.

select for FSControl

underneath you will see Control sent when button pressed.

scroll that down until you see  throttle 1 decr.select that

underneath you will see control to repeat while held.put a tick in that.

that is it.repeat for engine 2 and when you go into prepar3d you pull the levers past the detente and both engines will go into reverse thrust.going back up past the detente will switch off reverse thrust.

any problems let me know

steve

• Upvote 1

V4 has a control function for it, as you mentioned. I have it assigned to an axis on my quadrant, I don’t know if it can be assigned to a button, though.

Again, depending on the sim model, you can simulate beta range with the throttle axis in FSUIPC. This provides a smooth and infinitely variable reverse thrust...especially important for aircraft like the KingAirs.

OK, I got it working well enough. I had to use my pitch control in addition to the one throttle control to get two engines into reverse thrust but, it worked.

1 hour ago, Milton Waddams said:

V4 has a control function for it, as you mentioned. I have it assigned to an axis on my quadrant, I don’t know if it can be assigned to a button, though.

I tried that....Didn't work, not sure what I am doing wrong. Also, I assigned button on my throttle quadrant for Auto pilot off, but when pressed nothing happens.....  PMDG 737.

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic